Luna Help

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

Yes, I was thinking that I could file a notch. How is your throttle cable routed? And did you have to make a cable?

On another note I threw in my old gearbox and fired her up today. Started easy, nice compresion.......Horrible noise!

I decided to strip the whole engine and have a look.

Mag house is cracked around the rim and snapped off completly, so that is a little anoying.

The main bearing is cooked and hardly turns, so thats got to go and my big end would be a good substitute for a babies rattle. I counted 4 roller bearings in the big end in total.

So, went over on the Rimini site and have to say that if you think that the remade throttle is expensive, check out this http://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/en ... marce.html

:shock: :o
thackers

Oh brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm pretty sure Armando's have cranks though you have to watch out for the bearings at the mag side , there's 2 different set ups.
The throttle/ brake housing you have isn't standard. To be honest the original wasn't great and included a worm drive which goes into a slot on a throttle tube. Both parts are easily available. If your not bothered by non standard looks you could go for a quick action throttle, I think Tommaselli do a nice alloy one. The front brake cable goes through the headset top.

Fux

The one I have here has also got the worm drive system.

Anyways, I orderd a new mag house from scooter resturations and a shiney new casa crank. My mag house and crank is the old type so I couldn`t swap out one without the other because of the braring and seal fitment.

orderd a new casa throttle housing and other bits and bobs.

All I need now is a numberplate and light bracket and new rear light and it will be complete.

Anoying part is after all this work, it won`t look any different than when I started.. :?

Am i correct in thinking that the high vega exhaust hasn`t been reproduced? cant find one and my baffels are ratteling around in there...
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

The exhaust was remade a few years ago but not sure if still available. I sold a NOS to Rimini for £300 several years ago but you may have to cut a patch out on the back to repair inside if you can't find one.
Fux

Sh1t. I find it a little strange that casa don`t do one, but maybe there isnt realy any demand for them.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Scootopia did get some remade but they don't keep them in stock. My vega exhaust was badly rusted. I cut it open and am having the baffles inside remade. Whether it'll work heaven knows.
Fux

Did you take any pics of the prosess? Looks like I may hve to go the same route.
Villmark
Main scooter: DL200

Anyone got a glue how to get the centre beam loose. I removed the four screws and removed the handlebar. Centre beam is loose from top to the brake pedal but the section behind the brake feels fixed (Maybe the rubber buffer have melted and work like glue).
Already tried to pry the centre beam with large screwdriver but no success. Stopped this as I don`t want to scratch the original paintwork.

Thanks
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Fux wrote:Did you take any pics of the prosess? Looks like I may hve to go the same route.
Yes. I think I posted them on the Lunabase forum. Anyway, I shall have a look for the when I get home later.
Fux

Villmark (Norsk?) ,

The only screws holding it are the four you mention. And yes the are 2 rubber washers on the 2 lower ones. Ive seen rubber washers glued on some unrestored scooters so could be actual glue too.

I think if I wanted to save paintwork I would tape the main frame but I dont think you will get it off without a little force.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information