12volt DC Mod charger

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Thanks mate, not got a leg shield tool box just the spare tyre but gives me an idea.
Scoot65

Am I right in thinking that if my scoot's is 12v DC battery I don't need Modcharger, I can just wire a cigarette light socket direct (with inline fuse) to the battery?
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

yes Scoot, you are right, have you got a battery being charged by the regulator though and running rear light and horn off it or are you full 12v dc ie all lights horn etc all working from stator plus battery??
Donnie.
Scoot65

Donnie, my scooter has 12v DC electronic kit with battery and 5 pin regulator all lights etc run off battery/stator
Donnie

in which case if it's definitely all 12v dc wire up a 12v cigarette socket, one wire from power, other to earth and hey presto! Thats what I have in my toolbox plus a usb socket to charge the iphone etc.
Donnie.
Scoot65

Donnie wrote:in which case if it's definitely all 12v dc wire up a 12v cigarette socket, one wire from power, other to earth and hey presto! Thats what I have in my toolbox plus a usb socket to charge the iphone etc.
Do you mean one wire connected to the battery and one wire bolted to the frame or similar going to earth? If so, does it matter battery terminal I use +ve or -ve?
Donnie

You don't have to connect to the battery at all, mines not.

I have mine wired to a power feed in the headset then routed into my leggy toolbox, and the other wire to earth.
Donnie.
Scoot65

OK, gotcha! I see what you mean………BTW sorry for the delay, just got back from Newark :D
Donnie

Ditto :D
Donnie.
a.j

How long does the fuse last before it goes 'pop' & you end up with nothing to charge your phone with. I must get thru about three a year. :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information