1967 Vespa SS 180 restoration

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

victor wrote:
alcoholic maniacs sc wrote:glad to see youre fitting the old SS engine, lovely sounding old beasts those. i had one once fitted with incorrect rims, it shot off to the grass verge at every opportunity so i sold it on thinking it was bent, the new owner fitted the correct rims and it handled like a dream, better get used to the expensive world of 4% oil mix though!!!!!!
4%?

The SS requires 6% :D

My Tv drinks 4%, but considering going down to 3% for around-the-town use :)
I run my own TV on 3% SIP synthetic and it's quite happy on that.
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

New update! This is dragging out on time due to the never ending Lambretta problems that needed sorting before the Euro, but here it is finally:

Day 7: Front drum brake fitted by wheredowegonowbutnowhere, on Flickr

Day 7: End caps fitted with screws and dome nuts by wheredowegonowbutnowhere, on Flickr

Day 7: Rear light fitted by wheredowegonowbutnowhere, on Flickr

Day 7: New sneak preview - couldn't help myself :) by wheredowegonowbutnowhere, on Flickr

Go ballistic with the comments, need some inspiration :D
Doom Patrol

I like it. It's been fascinating for me to see the ins and outs of a Vespa restoration. Because, lets face it there are pros and cons to both Vespa and Lambretta. The simplicity of working on a Vespa does appeal to me I have to say. Keep up the good work.
victor

There are quite a lot of nightmares on the Vespa as well, such as stripping the fork links etc - much easier on a Lambretta!
Doom Patrol

Good work Victor. I've got a friend who is a huge Vespa buff. I'll ask him if he's got any kick start levers knocking about if you get stuck.
victor

Doom Patrol wrote:Good work Victor. I've got a friend who is a huge Vespa buff. I'll ask him if he's got any kick start levers knocking about if you get stuck.
Thanks, and please do so if you can, I'll try to source one today but any help is welcomed :)
Dryballs

I love a good SS180... but if you are going to use screws, you gotta get those flats lined up straight

Keep up the pics though - awesome
victor

Dryballs wrote:

I love a good SS180... but if you are going to use screws, you gotta get those flats lined up straight

Keep up the pics though - awesome
Will definitely look into doing that. Only reasons for using screws are 1) Afraid of wasting the paint with the rivets and don't have correctly patterned driver and 2) even though I managed to get the channels kind of aligned with the floorboard they still want to pop up so much easier holding them down with screws and small M4 dome nuts. Might change that once they have settled in their shapes though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information