S3 Li 150 rebuild begginer

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
RICSPEED

storkfoot wrote:
sydduckett wrote:yeah got the sticky book, its saved me unknown grief. ...........
Refer to this. Have you got the right spanners, they make it very easy. When you say "ring" you're not talking about the ring on the frame are you? If you are, you don't need to touch this, mate ;)

or do you mean the lock nut on the forks ? not realy supposed to knock it to undo it
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

the correct tools aren't too expensive if you think you and your mates will get some use, but sometimes they can be made of cheese.
I adapted an old push bike spanner.
maybe spray some penetrating fluid about if it looks like it needs it.
sydduckett

Cheers lads,
sorry was a bit unclear about what i meant, was refering to seperating forks from the tube that joins it. Have attached pic below.
Spent most of today getting wheels off and engine out. Looks as though some bits havent been taken off since Luiggi put them on all those years ago. As i am taking parts of i am noticing bolts, screws and various bits of stuff on the flooor and thinking where the f*** did they come from?
I think i will have to bin a lot of the cables, nuts, washers, all rubbers etc. There are a few things im a little stuck on so if any one can offer any advice it will be greatly appreciated. Feel free to abuse me if im being a div (again).

Looking at getting metal balsted but in afarid of ruining it as some is in poor condition should i be looking at bead or glass balsting or is there another substance? Or is the acid bath method way to go and does anyone have any experience of how good/bad this is?

Have been told that freshly blasted (bare metal) rusts v quickly. Are there any products/sparys that i can put on the metal which will stop rust while im waiting to get it sprayed?

how do i remove forks?

finally opionons sought on whether cowlling i have which is pretty bent is worth reparing or I should buy new and what the quality of aftermarket ones are like? i will probably want to get iit chromed as well (see pic).

sydduckett

Pic of cowelling below, Is this to far gone to have repaired, would like to keep it as its an origanal part but have seen chromed ones for sale for under £50 which sounds good value as i suspect it will cost more to get starightened out and then chromed. Are the aftermarkets one any good or thin bits of old tat?

Ta
Sef

mark

you have reoved the forks . do you mean the bearing face , there is a small hole under under all that crud on the underside of it , just use a pin punch to remove it if you need to
sydduckett

Was not sure if the fork legs need to be removed from the upprt part if having blasted or should i have them done as is?

Sef
mark

sit down and read stickys book and familarise yourself with the pics and your bike b4 you do any expensive damage m8 :shock:
seriously
RICSPEED

sydduckett wrote:Was not sure if the fork legs need to be removed from the upprt part if having blasted or should i have them done as is?

Sef

by this you surely mean the links that the wheel bolts to?
RICSPEED

that head cowl slap a bit of degreaser on it first , cant see it for the oil :lol:
sydduckett

Have stickys book but whilst it is the nuts, my sccot is in far worse condition than the one they show. Evrything is either seized or has been sheared off. also dont want to end up taking parts to blaster only to find that i should have seperated the the 2 metal arms that hold the wheel from the tube that goes into the frame.
So i guess the first question is do i need to seperate these 2 pieces or not , if its "not" then the how do i do it becomes a redundant question

sef

fair comment about cleaning it up before asking advice.hangs head in shame...

sef
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information