Winter Model Rusteration Challenge!

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
soullad
Dealer

Re. the airbox. The Winter items look exactly the same as the Innocenti TV175 S2 airboxes that I've seen. That said I've never had the two side by side. But it would make complete sense.
Ian - looks like its ral 9018 indeed. Have you got anymore pics of your scoot - you can't just post a small pic and hope to get away with it hahahah ? By the way, was the seat an "Industrias Garbi" item?
Ian Hepworth

Think the seat was a tigre one.

Not got too many pics of the winter before I stripped it.

robbbee
Main scooter: Spanish Li 150 Winter Model

Hi, Ian. Your winter model looks like it needs a little TLC, but I am sure it will look great when you have finished. How long have you been working on it, and where did you get it from?

Here is the latest update from Winter Model HQ (Norfolk)!

engine stripped and various bits cleaned.......

and while the casings were bare, decided to do a few little upgrades....

mag housing lip removed to aid cooling.....

smoothed out sharp casting edge where stator cables pass......

inner ribs relieved to allow alloy / nylon chain guide to sit flush
Ian Hepworth

robbbee wrote:Hi, Ian. Your winter model looks like it needs a little TLC, but I am sure it will look great when you have finished. How long have you been working on it, and where did you get it from?
LOL, I've had it 7 or 8 years I think! It came from Buzzsolomoto. As you can see from the plate it's from Leon which is in the north of spain so it's a bit rusty. One of the side panels had to go in the bin as the back third was totally rotten, it looked like it had been left somewhere where it could fill with rainwater or something.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Any more developments on this one?
coaster

"Also note the chrome speedo blanking nut"

That looks suspisiously like a side casing level nut ;)
Ian Hepworth

coaster wrote:"Also note the chrome speedo blanking nut"

Shhhhhhhhh! As the villain in scooby doo always says "I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids".
soullad
Dealer

coaster wrote:"Also note the chrome speedo blanking nut"

Come on Col, join the willing suspension of disbelief.........that said the hub had no grease whatsoever, no speedo collar or drive, plus a speedo blanking plate. Anyway its done now, I had to get a couple of the exterior parts powdercoated such as the headset top, bridge piece and rear carrier/disc. A big thank you to Paul (Challenger) for the powder and zinc bits - can really recommend this guy, top work. Also a big thanks to Jaime who found it in the first place.. gracias amigo.
Enjoy.. :D :D :D

Supereibar

Holy mother of mercy and the baby Jesus crowned king!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!! I cant beleive this Ian. That looks unbeleivable. One of the best (to say the very least) rustorations I've ever seen. I bet its breathtaking in the flesh! Too bad you arent the best fotographer on the planet, to do it a bit of fair justice :lol: :lol:
Fireman Ash

haha..the previous comment made me laugh. great job to retain it's history rather than 'the usual' paint everything that don't move resto...very nice indeed and not a tad jealous........................MUCH!! enjoy and well done 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information