Mick Abbey Tuned 150 Cylinder - Part 2!!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Frautzi

This sounds great for my 125 GP/DL i'm building...i was looking at a small block kit but most are out of my price range and from what i read some still need some felltling before you can get them to run right.

I have a 175 barrel i was going to use and get some one to tune it the best they could..but this sounds great value for money with the added bonus of being able to afford a decent expansion for the cost of a small block kit..

Any idea when Mick will be doing them for the masses.....I'll put my name down for a fettlin :bouncing:

Jason
Better to keep quiet and be thought of as a D!ck Head, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Mick Abbey
Dealer

Frautzi wrote:This sounds great for my 125 GP/DL i'm building...i was looking at a small block kit but most are out of my price range and from what i read some still need some felltling before you can get them to run right.

I have a 175 barrel i was going to use and get some one to tune it the best they could..but this sounds great value for money with the added bonus of being able to afford a decent expansion for the cost of a small block kit..

Any idea when Mick will be doing them for the masses.....I'll put my name down for a fettlin :bouncing:

Jason
Hi Jason I got your mail but some how I lost it :oops:, untill we are 100% happy with the performance with 150 test barrel I am going to stick with tuning barrels from a mild tune to a STG 4 spec on the STD piston port setup that we all know works unless they are going to use a reed conversion or the customer twists my arm and insists on extra ports at there own risk for now untill we are are sure that they will benifit the performance of the engine.
To add the ports is time consuming so the prices will be more for the extra ports to be added to the cylinders compared to a STG 4 tune, as with all my tuning I would recomend a good non STD lambretta piston should be used If you contact Sean or Dan they should be able to point you in the rite direction with pistons

I hope that all of this has made some sence to you

Cheers
Mick
Frautzi

Ok Mick thanks for the reply. I look forward to the results . don't know whats happen to some of the other posts on here regarding this but they disapered this afternoon.

Thanks

Jason
Better to keep quiet and be thought of as a D!ck Head, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
jonny snatchsniffer

are you gonna do vespas too ? i know your have your work cut out with the wanky p2 barrel but smallframe barrels are very tuneable tho with a decent piston, i imagine a px 125/150 could also benefit from a couple of extra ports too
Mick Abbey
Dealer

jonny snatchsniffer wrote:are you gonna do vespas too ? i know your have your work cut out with the wanky p2 barrel but smallframe barrels are very tuneable tho with a decent piston, i imagine a px 125/150 could also benefit from a couple of extra ports too
Hi Jonny Yes I can tune vespa's I will be honest with you I havent had much to do with them but have a good understanding with what is required to make them perform
Cheers
Mick
Frautzi

Mick Abbey wrote:
Frautzi wrote:This sounds great for my 125 GP/DL i'm building...i was looking at a small block kit but most are out of my price range and from what i read some still need some felltling before you can get them to run right.

Jason
Hi Jason I got your mail but some how I lost it :oops:, untill we are 100% happy with the performance with 150 test barrel I am going to stick with tuning barrels from a mild tune to a STG 4 spec on the STD piston port setup that we all know works unless they are going to use a reed conversion or the customer twists my arm and insists on extra ports at there own risk for now untill we are are sure that they will benifit the performance of the engine.
To add the ports is time consuming so the prices will be more for the extra ports to be added to the cylinders compared to a STG 4 tune, as with all my tuning I would recomend a good non STD lambretta piston should be used If you contact Sean or Dan they should be able to point you in the rite direction with pistons

Cheers
Mick
Hi Mick, What would be the cost of a stage 4 tune 150 barrel already taken out to 175.. and one of your hand made pipes.

I'm not in any rush as i've only just started my Resto on GP 125.

Cheers Jason
Mick Abbey
Dealer

Frautzi wrote:
Mick Abbey wrote:

Jason

Cheers
Mick
Hi Mick, What would be the cost of a stage 4 tune 150 barrel already taken out to 175.. and one of your hand made pipes.

I'm not in any rush as i've only just started my Resto on GP 125.

Cheers Jason
Hi Jason
I charge £75 for alloy or £85 for cast + post for a stg 4 tune for this I work on all the ports not just the ex and inlet , the reason why there is a price diferance is because the cast barrels take more time to port

Cheers
Mick
fishi

Hi Mick,

any ideas what can be done to a Rapido 225cc ???
Additional boost port, perhaps ? Have you tuned one until now ??

fishi
Mick Abbey
Dealer

fishi wrote:Hi Mick,

any ideas what can be done to a Rapido 225cc ???
Additional boost port, perhaps ? Have you tuned one until now ??

fishi
Hi fishi
to port your Rapido barrel will not be a problem but with out looking at the cylinder it is hard to say wether I can ad any boost ports chances are I will find one way or the other to add a boost port
Cheers
Mick
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information