LAMBRETTA PLUG GRADE????

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

right now you have the plugs sorted tell us about the gt kits what its like can you feel the power already is it responsive and are you smiling every time you get on the scoot :o
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

........."I have recently noticed a 5 to 10 degree difference in temperature between 97 and 95 petrol,I noticed the engine slightly livelier but obviously running that bit hotter"......

Does it run hotter with 95 or 97 ?
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

............"I managed to get a warm brown/tan just before seizing once !!!"

Adam .Did you remember to tighten the spark plug once you'd checked the colour.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

^... LOL! No, that wasn't the cause of the seizure.

I don't have a temp gauge on this bike so haven't noticed a running temp difference but neither improves the plug colour, remaining grey or gray.
shamrockexpress

HxPaul wrote:........."I have recently noticed a 5 to 10 degree difference in temperature between 97 and 95 petrol,I noticed the engine slightly livelier but obviously running that bit hotter"......

Does it run hotter with 95 or 97 ?
hotter on the 95............but more responsive and livelier.

I am enjoying the fun aspect of a small block engine , I have always been on stage 4 200s, Honda 205s, mugellos , Suzuki 225, kegra 235s, HB 240 ,racing scoots so I have to keep reminding myself its a small block, I,ve only just run in with a jl3(hardly going to set the world on fire 6800rpm max on 16x 47 which is gearing for a race pipe hopefully to go on in a few weeks then the fun will start also just to add the LI150 box does require a bit of neck wringing to keep on song compared to a GP200 box but this is par for the course................all said its smooth and nippy I don't doubt even with a JL3 and up the front sprocket to 17x47 she would be leading the pack home as it would easily up the top speed.This is a fun engine for me until I get time to sort my HB 240 out that's when the big bucks start!!!! The reason for this kit is its durability to take a good hammering and being forgiven, being cast iron only time will tell.
shamrockexpress

a bit more info, this is the latest plug chop once i got back from the ride-out
Now scoot is nearly run in i will be trying a few flat out runs i,m on 130 main but will go up a few more then come down accordingly.

this is the NGK books recommendations, my plug was like the black one when running a b8 it says with that dark grey/matt black dry plug the plug grade is too cold................you can see the temp range to the right so going by this you should be up around 500 deg celsious don't think I,m going to be running at the temp...............

interesting here in theory you would think the head temp would rise with a cold plug as it disperses heat quicker into the head but mine seem to get a little hotter on the temp guage this could be down to the engine making better power and and with me having the CHT on the center alloy bolt it maybe gets direct heat .........................
THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND NOW....................my brain has seized ,,,,wont come back until i,ve seized :D :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information