how to check if its been writen off

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

rosscla wrote:Hmm.. You'd have to think that anyt impact that caused terminal frame damage then you'd not be reusing the forks, mudguard, or leg shields either.
Unless somebody drove into the back of the scooter causing damage to the loop,side panels,rear runners etc,making it not financialy viable to repair the frame.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

rosscla wrote:Hmm.. You'd have to think that anyt impact that caused terminal frame damage then you'd not be reusing the forks, mudguard, or leg shields either.
It isn't the amount of damage that dictates a write-off it's the estimated cost of repair against the market value of the vehicle in question.

My Griso with 500 miles on it - Cat D write-off - I couldn't believe it!

My Griso with 500 miles on it and fully road-worthy.

Estimated repairs were over £7k - I bought the salvage for £1200 and had a cheque for almost as much as I paid for the bike in the first place.

Cost about £700 in new bits and a dab of black paint.
Did you have to do that?
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

rosscla wrote:At the risk of setting this off in a new direction would that still be a 69 GP?
In the opinion of the DVLA.....yes.

In my opinion, no.

But it's just my opinion, it's not fact ;)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
ArmandTanzarian

DigDug wrote:
It isn't the amount of damage that dictates a write-off it's the estimated cost of repair against the market value of the vehicle in question.

My Griso with 500 miles on it - Cat D write-off - I couldn't believe it!
Estimated repairs were over £7k - I bought the salvage for £1200 and had a cheque for almost as much as I paid for the bike in the first place.

Cost about £700 in new bits and a dab of black paint.
Can't say I'm surprised. When I got knocked off my Triumph Tiger the repair bill came to over £3000. That included £60 for a single indicator lens, £300 for a plastic radiator fan worth about £15 and £650 for new radiator. We moan about scooter parts but the price of bike parts is just plain extortion.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

It's worth inspecting a "write-off".

On the Griso everything with the slightest scratch was down for replacing. This included the CARC unit (swingarm with shaft drive) which had a tiny graze underneath the lettering, that was £1500 on it's own. Needle file and a small paintbrush -job done.
Did you have to do that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information