Cyclone 5

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sydduckett

I think you have to either have a 5 speed or have used one to be able to give a balanced view. Having said this, I enjoyed riding when I had a 4 speed. It's not a necessity but it's defiantly an improvement in my opinion.
It would be great to have another 5 speed on the market and MB has previous for good quality products. The issue Mr Broadhurst has is everyone with a lambretta who really wanted a 5 speed box already has one. So unless he can make them and undercut the Rimmini price he will never shift enough to cover his costs.
Muttley McLadd

sydduckett wrote:The issue Mr Broadhurst has is everyone with a lambretta who really wanted a 5 speed box already has one. So unless he can make them and undercut the Rimmini price he will never shift enough to cover his costs.

Unless enough people are prepared to put the money up front to build 'enough' to make it worth while. I don't know how many this would be.. but it could be worth it if enough customers walk in with cash.
CakeAndArseParty
sydduckett

Muttley McLadd wrote:
sydduckett wrote:The issue Mr Broadhurst has is everyone with a lambretta who really wanted a 5 speed box already has one. So unless he can make them and undercut the Rimmini price he will never shift enough to cover his costs.

Unless enough people are prepared to put the money up front to build 'enough' to make it worth while. I don't know how many this would be.. but it could be worth it if enough customers walk in with cash.
That's my point, there wouldn't be enough. You may get a few people to part with the cash because they are well enough off to do so but you need 100,s really. He would have to do them for considerably less as well and with all due respect he's not known for doing things cheaply.
mickjr

it would be cheaper than the cyclone could be upto £150 cheaper,he knows theres a market hes just waiting to see how this last batch of cyclones goes
sonicdave

Mine blew up at 30mph and destroyed my engine case.It had been fine up until that point and showed no signs that anything was wrong.I had a lot of money invested in that case as it was set up for an LC barrel,in fact the whole scoot was built around that case.I still haven't got over it and haven't looked at that scoot since it happened.
I would be very careful using a cyclone in anything with any power as there is no telling when it will break,destroy your engine,or worse
YAMLAM

"Dropping from 5th down to 4th and being able to shoot up hills is brilliant."

i can do that by dropping from 4th to 3rd !
but if i had the spare Cash, i would buy one .
win or lose have a booze
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

YAMLAM wrote:"Dropping from 5th down to 4th and being able to shoot up hills is brilliant."

i can do that by dropping from 4th to 3rd !
but if i had the spare Cash, i would buy one .
Ditto, except the bit about the spare cash and buying one. far too many horror stories about them.
Donnie.
dave wheeler

well having done a tour of the alps this summer on an otherwise standard tv175, i can tell you there were many situations when i left my companion( on a tuned rapido 225 dev-tour pipe ect) far behind, used a lot less fuel and didnt deafen myself and the locals, what other performance piece of kit can do this? think we all want `a bit more`from our scoots, there is almost always a down side, be it using more fuel, noise or a pipe like a horses cock hanging off the back
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I'm baffled by this whole Cyclone debacle to be honest. You can use the same metal as Captain America's shield if you want. It won't make a blind bit of difference unless you are addressing the basic fact that the gears don't appear to line up properly.
ducksta

so virgil what experiance does QMT have installing these boxes has he had good reviews does he run a 5 speed himself morgan will probably help him fit it.
live life your a long time dead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information