RB20 (200cc) - Pictures and Spec

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
paulmgreen
Main scooter: Lambretta Group 4 Race 200

Great - and detailed report Dan......

Just by chance I have dug out my GP150 casing from under the work bench...... I feel a project coming on!
YouTuve Vlog channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhrgL ... vY_4Px2WTg

www.JPPLambretta.co.uk

Sponsors Replay Scooters JPPLambretta
joespeed

very good detail dan.do you need to open up the spigot on the 150 case? are there any other mods needed?
regards
joe
keep us posted on your testing
sean brady scooters
Dealer

spigot does not need altering Joespeed..........kit fits straight in........ :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
J1MS

paulmgreen wrote:Great - and detailed report Dan......Just by chance I have dug out my GP150 casing from under the work bench......  I feel a project coming on!
Same here, old Group 3 150 engine (Indian) sitting on my bench port's already enlarged. but I still want to see a propper Dyno chart.  :!:  :!:
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Dan good report m8
Definately intreged about the 3 three finger boost port I believe the rb250 has the same port but still keeps the bridge
Exhaust ports.

Watch this space as I will hopefully have one on the table next weekend, & Ill do a report on the RB250 as you have done Dan. :twisted:

Word of WARNINING if stroking the RB's watch the boost port fingers ,as the bottom ring can catch under the finger in the port :o . Make sure you check this ;)

As for the manifold definately weld it up and reshape without any hesitation ,Ill put some pics on here later. But I think Jason has already shown this.on old forum :!:

Also I will show what I have done to a RB225 once its finnished, you have seen some photo's but they are I can asure you work un-finnished :roll:

Smiffy
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
noggin1969

Just a question is the exhaust port manifold standard flush to the barrel or kinked at an angle like the other RB kits ? as i was looking at the exhaust you have for it
Has a mind full of useless s**t and isn't afraid to use it !
sean brady scooters
Dealer

its entry is angled.........like the Rb..........and every other modern m/cycle......... :D
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Am I right in thinking that the inlet manifold is exactly the same as the RB22? I though that they may have made it to suit a smaller carb, but then again I suppose everyone would have just modified it to suit a 34 /35 mm carb.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

we were given an RB manifold.................but then, thats cos we are going to tune it.
.... :D
not sure what it would be supplied with otherwise...........suppose it may depend what you ask for............
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

The reason being that as the exhaust cracks opens the initial blow down doesnt go out of the port straight but at an angle of say 40-60deg then as the port opens it straightens towards the 10-15deg.

So to help that first pulse flow without hitting the opposing exh pipe side wall the ports are angled.

I believe this is the one major thing Terry shepherd wished he had done with the TS1 barrel

Smiffy
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information