My new project

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
vRSG60
Main scooter: Lambretta Li125 Lambretta GP20

ducksta wrote:wheres the leggy indicators from great idea
http://www.scooter-center.com according to this months Scootering magazine, although I can't find them on the website.
They may be these but no picture and no stock.
I get my kicks out on the floor.
carlos fandango

Here they are lite up. im just waiting for the relay to arrive to get them flashing. :)
vRSG60 wrote:
ducksta wrote:wheres the leggy indicators from great idea
http://www.scooter-center.com according to this months Scootering magazine, although I can't find them on the website.
They may be these but no picture and no stock.
Not quite ;) I made them :D heres a pic of the mk1 version lol . My second attempt are the ones that are on, and are a lot neater but im still not 100% happy , ideally id like some tinted tube for the "lens"
Heres how i did the back ones .
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
carlos fandango

Fireman Ash wrote:Best idea I've seen so far, where did you source them from? and do the wires follow the legshield trim to the headset to switch? you should see my Series 80 indicators, they are slightly less aerodynamic :D very cool work 8-)
The wires go in to the legshield tool box, theres about 5mm gap, i put a bit of heatshrink on the exposed part , and as the scoot is black you dont notice them :)
Im not a great fan of retro fitting indicators to lammies, but i do feel vulnerable switching lanes on busy motorways and duel carriage ways. I also have a bit of a problem with turning my head fully, and with my luck :( lol.
Ive converted an LI trapezoidal switch, the, main light -off -side light, switch part to left - off- right 8-)
Ive have a bit of a soft spot for the jet lollipop indicators and also the lynx ones 8-) How times change i hated them in the 80s :D
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
RICSPEED

Liking the "black special" badging :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
carlos fandango

eden wrote:Looking good Russ. You have done a great job on making it look straight after the state it was in after rolling end to end down that Irish road ;)

I hope you have wired those indicators up so they randomly flash different directions so the people behind are aware we have no clue where were going :lol:
Its been very frustrating :( getting it straight was the easy part. Everything i start to do seems to another part i havent got and need to order :(
Next jobs the engine, which i need to build then take apart and get the casing's power coated, black of course 8-)

Ive also made a badge for the leggies

I dont think we need indicators for that. :roll: :lol: :lol:
carlos fandango

RICSPEED wrote:Liking the "black special" badging :D
Ah you noticed ;) ;) Hawkeye :D
I was just posting that :lol:
RICSPEED

carlos fandango wrote:
RICSPEED wrote:Liking the "black special" badging :D
Ah you noticed ;) ;) Hawkeye :D
I was just posting that :lol:
yeah ... :lol: .. a touch of genius ;)

wish id thought of it :D
carlos fandango

Toddy wrote:Like them Russ :D is it like "spot the ball" :lol: :lol:
Yes and you would of won 50 "scooterotica points" if you'd got it first :D
RICSPEED

carlos fandango wrote:im still not 100% happy , ideally id like some tinted tube for the "lens"
how about some black leggie trim end caps cut so are open both ends ??
carlos fandango

I did think of that as well , but they taper before the sew hole, so you couldn't cut the taper part off without cutting the hole out :-( . I did considered turning some ally downthen splitting it to make some clamps , but tried super glue first and its ok but could do with something neater .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information