The barn find of a lifetime

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Rui

I believe Mr X has had all his bids in but for some strange reason I believe this is going to be a very long winded affair and frustrating for the buyer, I believe if I called him and offered £10k and would collect this weekend he still wouldn't sell as he will think, if he is prepare to pay £10K for it, it must be worth more.......and so the story goes........

I have been out bid but being honest I lost interest in it as I can get one for a lot less and in better nick, so I am 100% out and wish the buyer the best of luck
red devil

I was wondering if you were still interested in this machine Rui, it seems you are , up to this point.
Having spoken to Mau I know he sent the offers to the owner around two weeks ago and I would have thought things would be moving by now. I must admit the actual sale of the A is of no interest, it was the history of the bike which intrigued me, it was just a shame we could not find out more not just about this machine but British A models in particular.
You mentioned a price of £10k, the owner did ask us what we thought was a fair price and after much debating we settled on a figure of £5k max. I believe he has had an offer slightly less than that and if he accepts I think he will have done well.
I have no idea why the sale should drag on, if it has, and I was hoping the new owner would have taken his new possesion home with him by now.
Rui

I was called by the owner and I was told he had an offer over the £5K and 1 a bit less :? and also that you guys had found out it was the oldest registered model A in the country!! so is it the oldest Lambretta in the UK or is it a 1957ish lambretta model A?

Just hope it goes to a good home, I guess the british thing is worth something to some but not really my thing as one day I wish to live in sunnier climate.
red devil

We did not tell the owner it was the oldest British model A in the country but we certainly hoped it would turn out to be, and if anyone can tell me if the registered date in the old log book refers to the date it was registered in this country then it certainly is the oldest. Unfortunately the DVLA did not answer my question and no one has come forward with a definative answer so far. All we can prove at this point is that the owners brother in law had the scooter for some time before it was last used in 1958, this still makes it a very old British model A and a very interesting find.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information