water cooled twin

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

a short video of me after the photo shoot, it was wet so i couldnt give it too many revs, turn up your sound! :D
https://youtu.be/OW16Y5Mj7ks
Swat
Main scooter: AF Rayspeed S type GP225

Saw this machine outside the KC stadium on Saturday (Hull City's ground for the uninitiated) Superb job the engineering integrity is a joy to behold. I had hoped to collar you for a brief chat and to offer congratulations but by the time I'd finished berating the players and the ref. You were on your way and a just caught a glimpse as you crackled briskly over the flyover
holty

Swat wrote:Saw this machine outside the KC stadium on Saturday (Hull City's ground for the uninitiated) Superb job the engineering integrity is a joy to behold. I had hoped to collar you for a brief chat and to offer congratulations but by the time I'd finished berating the players and the ref. You were on your way and a just caught a glimpse as you crackled briskly over the flyover
yes it wasnt the best of games and the ref was a shocker, id seen enough and decided to sneak away early, when you see me there again, give me a shout, i like nothing more than talking scooters !
best regards,
holty
:D
holty

set off early on saturday morning and rode the beast to whitby as it was entered in the custom show, had a great day and won best engineering.ImageIMG_1867_zpshr68schx by stephen holt, on Flickr
ride home on saturday was pretty awful gale force winds and rain, i got to about 5 miles from home and the beast made a few funny noises then started missing, i pulled over and stopped, on closer inspection not much compression, suspected holed piston :?
my suspisions were nearly right, piston had started to detonate, crank has a knackered big end as well, cause running very lean, it was probably the first time ive been able to hold it at full throttle for a long time becouse of the headwind, ive got some bigger jets to go in the carbs. anyway engine is out, crank away for a rebuild, and im doing some modifications to a few things while the engine is out, will post some more pics later,
holty
Last edited by holty on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holty

heres a pic of the piston, the crown is melted rather badly, but the big end bearings did the real damage.
ImageIMG_1868_zpskgpsuvxp by stephen holt, on Flickr
heres a pic of my left downpipe, ive added a groove on both slip joints for a viton rings to stop oil leaking onto the exhaust wrap also ive added a fitting for an exhaust gas temp gauge which i am fitting so i will know if it gets too hot again, a bit late i know, but will protect the engine in the future.
ImageIMG_1869_zpszrwnxsjz by stephen holt, on Flickr
Last edited by holty on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
T5-190

So sorry to see this Holty after all your hard work.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Teething problems... don't let them stop you doing what you're doing :)
holty

its just one of those things, im using the stripdown as an opertunity to alter and add a couple of things, ive fitted the egt gauge into my toolbox, will have a go at wiring it up later, ive also bought an adjustable fan switch so i can set what temperature the radiator fan comes on, also adding a gearchange indicator, its led going to mount it on the handlebars so i will know what gear im in, 6 gears is quite hard to get used to, and neutral is quite hard to find, well was, ive fitted a new gear selector shaft which might help matters, will post some pics later,
holty
holty

heres a pic of my egt gauge
ImageIMG_1893_zpsfqly5i2t by stephen holt, on Flickr
all fitted and working, cant test the probe yet as my engine is not rebuilt yet, the gauge has green amber and red leds around the outside to give you an idea how hot it is and there is a digital readout of the temp in degrees in the center.
ive also got my led digital gear indicator fitted and working, took a bit of messing about, but works great now, will post some pics later.
my crankshaft has been repaired, going to pick it up tomorrow, will start to rebuid the engine in the next few days.
holty
:D
Last edited by holty on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

The beast what a machine I admire your skills, for me this is the best engineered scooter I have seen.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information