CURRENT TOURING EXHAUST COMPARISON RESULTS.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adspeed

rbgaz wrote:u making them to fit the rb as well ?
Yeh Gaz the RB version is ADS4 :)

What setup are you running?
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

i hav at the min a nk race
sydduckett

Adspeed wrote:
rbgaz wrote:u making them to fit the rb as well ?
Yeh Gaz the RB version is ADS4 :)

What setup are you running?
Any more info on the RB ones, are they tourer or road race and how much do they cost? also do they come with a sleeved stub?

Ta
Sef
Adspeed

Just an update on the ADS3 pipe on my TS......

Changed the gearing to 17x46 SX200 box - 4.25 Final Ratio and it was much better than before. Previously with the 16x46 - 4.52 (I think) it pulled through the gears so quick and stopped at about 72mph ish as the pipe in my TS revs to about 7k. In a similar way to my Taffy did with little over rev. My TS actualy has quite low port times and the pipe has been designed on a higher state of tune, so will be interesting to see more results.

Anyhow when out on the road the pipe works really well, with the power lower down as soon as you change gear it pulls its ass off. Which although not revvin its head off makes it still nice and rapid. Max revs is bout 7k. Pulling 70mph now @ 5.8k which is a real nice way to cruise and a little left to take it to 80mph @ bout 6.6k........Was out on Monday, it was quite windy and was really pleased with the little effect it made to the performace.

So far no issue with the build of the pipe. :)

Not sure if the RB ones are in yet, the TS/Cast ones are sold and more due in this week. Be really good to get some feed back on these.......as long as its positive!! :D

PS Not gaining financially by this............
Adspeed

This is the graph from a Mugello 225 before and after having the ADS Rally Pipe fitted.......

The Mugello is just bolted on out of the box, so as for port times they could be anything!! ;) :D I would guess they're pretty low......comparison with a KRP3.

Hp went from 15.1 to 15.9

Torque went from 11.5lb/ft to 14.5lb/ft which is nearly a 30% increase, 50% increase @ 5.5k

Again another tooth on the front sprocket probs needed...........But really happy with the torque again on this one........Bit of work on the barrel, lift the peak a touch and I think a nice rally setup could easily be acheived.

All feedback appreciated.

Adam
Last edited by Adspeed on Fri May 07, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J1MS

Adspeed, have you done a comparison with a Taffy road pipe?
Adspeed

J1MS wrote:Adspeed, have you done a comparison with a Taffy road pipe?
We compared one on my TS in the first lot of graphs on this thread, blue line I think........ 8-)
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

What's the gearing for the Mugello 225 in the above plots Adam?
Adspeed

corrado wrote:What's the gearing for the Mugello 225 in the above plots Adam?
Not sure, was chatting to the guy and he said he was running an SX200 box so maybe a 15 or 16x46?

He collected the bike this morning while I was there. Got on it and took it for a spin, when he returned he had a grin from ear to ear. Went in the shop got his mate out and made him have a go. :D He seemed well chuffed with it!! He was from Gemini SC not sure of his name......Blue and silver GP.

Adam
sean brady scooters
Dealer

the dyno results from your pipes are indeed very impressive Adam... :D

but to me,one of the most rewarding things ever.. is as you say ,when a customer returns after a test ride with a grin on their face...thats when you know you,ve done a good job..
well done with your new pipes Adam and Martin.
keep up the good work. :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information