Mick Abbey Tuned 150 Cylinder - Part 2!!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Good effort Mick indeed. Cheers for the graph etc Dan/Sean..More to come out of that I'm certain.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
ferritt

could someone explain to me in laymans terms the theory of how cutting the piston skirt increases bhp?
soulsurfer

Truly impressive, but you say "cheap", how much would all that porting work cost?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
sean brady scooters
Dealer

FERRIT.......
in laymans terms only,
cutting the piston skirt increases inlet duration,allowing more inlet mixture into the engine.
The cut skirt opens the port earlier and closes it later....
the increase in inlet timing produces higher revs and so increases power,......... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
sean brady scooters
Dealer

soulsurfer wrote:Truly impressive, but you say "cheap", how much would all that porting work cost?
Well as i stated earlier: "Also note, that whilst the extra transfers are funky, you could probably get 80-90% of the results we will end up with, without them....Mick just put them in for fun when playing with this......"

So i guess that Mick would just re-work the existing exhaust, transfers and inlet to his own spec.

Price, i'd have to check....but i suppose for the above it'd be about £100 (ish) ?

So your old 'doorstop' cast-iron 150 cylinder....£100 porting job and a £30 piston.

Dan (on Seans PC)
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Mick Abbey
Dealer

Dan I have just finished the alloy barrel for Chris about 20 mins ago so you can pick it up on sunday when you pop over
Cheers
Mick
Mick Abbey
Dealer

Mick Abbey wrote:Dan I have just finished the alloy barrel for Chris about 20 mins ago so you can pick it up on sunday when you pop over with the other barrel
Cheers
Mick
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

OK, cheers.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
ove

Thanks Dan and sean for a great day at scoooterotica Hq. and a big thanks to mick for the work you`ve put in, sadly you couldn`t make it ,but hopefully next time i`m up there you`ll be able to make it.
JL3 pipe is now on and up and running. Much more fun to ride, pulls really well in 1st 3 gears but if conitions not right ie hills or head wind it is guttless in 4th.Right conditions and its good for 65-70 easily. Posibble gearing too tall standard Li150 III Italian gears 15x46 = 5.21. I`ll speak to Mick Dan and Sean about it when i`m ready to send barrell back for more work.
I talked to mick about the progess of the barrell when i 1st got it and we decided to do it in stages ,hence why the cubman and the standard cheap piston, so all can see the gains of his work.
To sum it up 150cc cast iron barrell that was collecting dust, She`s going to be a something special.

Round trip of 330miles 24hours without sleep was well worth it.

Once again thanks to mick,dan and sean for letting me have the pleasure of testing it for you. I am but a scooterist who gets pleasure from riding a lammy, i`m not a machanic or a tuner, but i can and do strip and rebuild my engine when it`s needed. I do bodge some things when i have to but thats why i love it so much cos i can.
Cheers Ian
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Do keep us informed on the progress of the doorstop ;) :D This has been one of the best threads ever :bouncing:
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information