S3 Li 150 rebuild begginer

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
sydduckett

As is now, will take the rest off at the weekend. If anybody knows somewhere local (braintree essex) that does glass blasting or similar or any advice on the best way to get back to bare metal it would be greatly appreciated.

Sef

sydduckett

yeah got the sticky book, its saved me unknown grief. I see there are a few posters on here from the LCGB forums, whats the feeling now they are charging, is it worth paying?

anyway back to issues.
Latest, is small but a pain, the screw heads holding the horn grill are flat and will not move. i guess my only option is to drill these out. dont really want to attempt this as im sure i will end up drilling off at an angle or something. Also dont have kit to re-thread the holes (or the skill)

any other ideas?

sef
sean brady scooters
Dealer

if you mean the screws that hold grill to horn casting............then consider just leaving it on.............
sand blast and repaint all in one...................then refit.
theres actually no real need to seperate...........so may save you time/grief/expence.......... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
ArmandTanzarian

The horncasting is always a b@5t@rd as its ally and the steel screws react with it. I usually end up having to drill the buggers out and re-tap the holes
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
sydduckett

only issue with leaving it on is having to take off whole horncasing if i want to get to the horn, but then do i ever need to get to horn?

Will a dremel do the job? also i guess i will habe to get a re-thread bit? anyone know the size of bit?

ta
sef
RICSPEED

the thread is m5 (5mm) tap and die kits are quite cheap
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
sean brady scooters
Dealer

i think you would find it impossible to remove horn anyway ,by just removing grill..... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
ArmandTanzarian

sydduckett wrote:only issue with leaving it on is having to take off whole horncasing if i want to get to the horn, but then do i ever need to get to horn?

sef
Only if you leave it all in one piece and getting at it will be a total %&^%&(. If you seperate them and refit the grill properly, you'll never need to touch it again. ;)
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
simon

Good luck with the rebuild, another place to go for help is http://www.scooterhelp.com

I done my first Lambretta resto about 5 years ago LI150 all white powder coat will put some pictures in the restoration section ;)
sydduckett

simon,
can you tell me what the difference is between powder coat and a respray. Like you i want to go for a white. Is powder coat more hard wearing and does it produce as good a finish as paint? Also is it more expensive?

cheers
sef
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information