Revving on.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Yes I'll check the plug colour and check the cylinder gasket joint is sound. Could this explain the cutting out on tickover too? Thanks for your comments thus far.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Choke plunger not seating correctly in the OFF position? This can cause it to run which at tickover when warm, which then prompts you to turn up tickover revs, however, this then becomes a case of it sometimes revving too high at times. Such a state results in variable tickover, ranging from too fast to stalling, depending on running temp, how much air/fuel is creeping through the choke, etc.

This may not be the cause but is fairly easy to check and rule out.

Best of luck finding the cause.

Adam
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Good shout that Adam, I've had problems with the choke set up in the past. I'll look at that too.
sydduckett

Chris in Margate wrote:Because if the gasket doesn't do its job you will have an air leak and as such a weak mixture. "Revving on" is a classic sympton of this.
sorry didn't explain myself. I meant first place to look. I guess it's the most obvious. think it's time to try the homemade air test kit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information