Anti dive geometry - cat among the pigeons?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bsso78

I fitted an anti dive set up to my group 6 and it lasted about three laps of practice before i pulled in and unbolted it. It was horrible and took away all feeling from the front wheel under braking and left the trye struggling for grip.

On another note has anyone noticed that the reason the front dips so sharply and has the suspension bouncing off the stops is because these cheap far east outboard disc kits use a brake caliper that is far too big for the disc and weight of the scooter? A PX Disc has a nice progressive feel and will bring you to a stop with out trying to spit you over the handlebars.
The PM discs use the same Grimeca calipers as Piaggio, yes the PM kit costs more initially but by the time you have arsed about welding bits to your forks and splashed out on top banana dampers in an attempt to stop it diving like an overpaid footballer you will probably end up spending more than if you bought the more expensive, but much better, option.
coaster

Angry Bloke wrote:
coaster wrote:Cheers guys, I will try a wanted add for a ScootRs one and see what happens otherwise it'll be the LTH version. It's not for a ScootRs stylee brake, I'm doing a home brewed one using a Zip front wheel and I have an adjustable rose jointed link to use.
Hi Colin -I've got a bolt on ScootRS one you can try if you like :D
PM on its way 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information