fittment off sip pick up speedo sensor pictures

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soulsurfer

Minority wrote: If you have the active sensor, which I believe you do, you don't need the magnet. The sensor will pickup a bolt head moving past and the bolts that hold the disk to the hub are ideal for this.
Resurrecting this as I've fitted the speedo using the cable, interested in using the active sensor I have. I understand the hub end using bolts or magnets, but how do you set the speedo itself for this input, and whether using 1 magnet or 4 studs etc.?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
immylam

soulsurfer

Thanks for the pic Immylam, but that doesn't help, I was asking about the speedo settings, I know how to fit the sensor etc., but there doesn't seem to be any details for the speedo settings. I know you set it to Ext, but don't you need to tell it how many magnets or bolt heads you're reading?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

soulsurfer wrote:Thanks for the pic Immylam, but that doesn't help, I was asking about the speedo settings, I know how to fit the sensor etc., but there doesn't seem to be any details for the speedo settings. I know you set it to Ext, but don't you need to tell it how many magnets or bolt heads you're reading?
I think from memory that when you choose "ext pickup" the gear ratio setting changes to 00P (adjustable from 1 to at least 20)

Think that means "pulses" per revolution of your wheel, e.g. if you were picking up the 4 wheel studs, you set it to 04, if it's only off 1 magnet, set it to 01. Give it a go and let us know how you get on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information