my £30 gp200 electronic

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

cracking job restoring it mate 8-) ,got to be the ultimate" before and after" pictures
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
TurboTrev

Great find and nice resto. What parts did you manage to re-use and what is the engine spec? Any more pics of both the before and after?
lamblast

frame loop had to have some welding i used the disc, fork links, forks were rotten and bent, tool box had to make the brackets for it as they were rotten .used the headset clamp and head cowel engine wise ive just converted it to 225 with a 30 mm and a one off exhaust which i made based on a dj .the engine was shot apart from the side casing, kickstart shaft, sprockets and chain and a few clutch bits .the main casing was cracked at the rear hub and the endplate had come loose and damaged the casing .i have repaired it for the second time but using an indian casing at the moment .another interesting thinge about this scoot is its none battery [img][/i[IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k60 ... 240017.jpg[/img]mg]
lamblast

TurboTrev

It certainly is an amazing find and nice to see you've used as much as possible of the original in its restoration. Interesting about the lack of battery tray, seemingly there were some late ones brought in that didn't have a tray, but most GPs (as opposed to DLs) seem to have them. Did it have the original electronic flywheel and stator - if it did and it was a non battery model, there should be no yellow wires.
lamblast

yes the flywheel and stator were there the low tension and pick up had to be replaced with ducati vespa ones to get it running i then did a vespa 12volt stator conversion and i actually use the original electronic flywheel on it now it was fitted with the round junction box and none battery loom and none battery ignition switch .the original stator i still have and it is the none battery version with no yellow wires .the seat was a standard gp one too so it was basically an electronic dl it is one of the last 60 off the line
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Very nice that fella , did you take any pics during the Re build and restoration ??
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
lamblast

sorry didnt take any pics of the build .its gone a bit tatty now as its my rally machine the front mudguard got knocked in on the m5 going to weston by a car wheel disc so its going to be having a full hit again in the near future so i will take some pics then .ive got my own homemade spray booth with air fed system and filtered extraction so its easy and cheap to re paint it luckily
westburyst

Very nice job ;)
SIL GP200 92'
I've lost count how much I've spent.
RICSPEED

did you get to keep original reg?
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information