Yamaha clutch lever

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mawso

Trying to identify which Yamaha dogleg clutch lever fits a Lambretta with least amount of grinding/filing.

Can anyone help?

Thanks Stu
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

I know bufficus uses the DT125 levers as i asked a simular question, they werent dog leggy enough to match my scootrs front brake lever so i swoped it for one that was, i fettled it to fit my series 2, it only took about 20 mins as they are quite soft, i think if you search my posts on here you,ll find a photo of simons gp with the yamaha levers fitted, regards.
RICSPEED

i used rd 350

Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
shocky

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLUTCH-LEVER-YAMA ... 240%3A1318
this is the type i used be carefull as some leavers have a 10mm hole in them also if you want it to match the other side if you have a hydraulic master cylinder and that levers smooth just take your time filling
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Bufficus

shocky wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLUTCH-LEVER-YAMA ... 240%3A1318
this is the type i used be carefull as some leavers have a 10mm hole in them also if you want it to match the other side if you have a hydraulic master cylinder and that levers smooth just take your time filling
That's the ones I use. I find you need to file the support the most then take a bit off the lever. Fine emery to shine it back up. These also have an 8mm hole, so i use the MB oversize pivot bolt and drill the support to take the 8mm bolt.

storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I used the Yam ones that MB sell with the 8mm pivot. I used it on a Vietnamese housing which, unfortunately, has a slightly bigger gap so the lever is a little sloppy. It is a bit messy to get it all to fit. If I was doing it again I'd get one of the ones that MB have now made in the same shape and which fit straight on a normal Italian housing______the MB levers aren't cheap though
mawso

Thanks for the response fellas...all very helpful.

Cheers Stu
mawso

Bought a DT R lever off ebay and the hip/thigh part of dog leg lever is too short to fill the housing or line up with pivot hole. Will post a pic tomorrow for any advice on whether it can be modified and used...or just buy an RD one

Cheers Stu
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information