Spuer Monza - Won't be long now?...

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Adspeed wrote:

Anybody want to buy a smallframe? :D :D
yer in trouble adam... :evil:
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Adspeed

tony wrote:
Adspeed wrote:

Anybody want to buy a smallframe? :D :D
yer in trouble adam... :evil:
Wondered how long it'd take ya to see that mate :D
izzy

Anymore news on this front?
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Supa Monster more like :o :shock: Any expected performance details available yet?
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
Supereibar

I had a talk with Charlie Edmonds when I was in Milano/Novegro fair on November 2008, and he put the supermonza cylinder in my hand, to look at it. Very interesting, aparently the trick is to make the lower studs short, like in vespa 90ss, so to make the exhaust port better and to be able to dissipate heat much better as well.

J.
ArmandTanzarian

While I like the idea of a complete kit that has been designed around an exhaust and carb, it seems an odd choice to go for a Dellorto when conventional wisdom is that Mikunis are better.

As for price, if it isn't in the same ballpark as an RB + Carb + Exhaust then I can't see it being a big seller. The normal Monza has hardly taken the world by storm and if TS1s were still available, probably wouldn't sell many at all.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Here is a photo from the Cam Lam site. I have highlighted some items of interest.

1. The exhaust stub seems to be quite wide as it leaves the barrel. Are there secondary exhaust ports on these barrels, or even a bridged exhaust port?

2. Is this bulge indicative of a feeder from the inlet to the secondary transfer port, as found on the RB22?

3. This reed manifold seems to sit almost vertical. This must make frame clearance very tight, though the downdraught of incomming charge seems a good idea. The carb may sit higher than on TS1 and RB engines, which might be a problem if you have a cut-out in a long-range tank.

4. It appears that the two boost ports opposite the exhaust ports have a slight lead over the main and secondary transfer ports. Unusual, though not unheard of.

Anyway, there's something to debate. Has anyone any comments,knowledge or some other observations?
Martin
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Bridged inlet...........interesting. 8-)

The 'bulge' in point 2 may indicate feeders, although it may also just be extra 'meat' for when tuners want to enlarge transfer ports etc with elded cases.....i only say this as i cant see a 'wide flow' from the reed block......but you may be right, im just speculating.

I think you are right about the exhaust port.

Boost port lead.....yes, looks that way......and RB20 boost port leads over main trans...
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Eventually people will click that Charlie approaches everything from a different direction to most, well nearly all of us. The barrel is very very clever.The exhaust is , well there will be plenty of chat about that! There is a reason behind every aspect to this design. Nothing is just "that will do". Everything is designed or used as he had found its best for that application. And even then he wont sit still. If an improvement on any item appears on the market or can be designed then that will be tested and applied. I've never met or worked with anyone who thinks in the way he does, or works in the way he does. I realised very quickly after meeting him that I knew very very little about tuning.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Powolotti
Dealer

at the custom show in Munich I had the cylinder examined for about an hour with a friend who was 2stroke developer at KTM.
The reed cage seems to be a Yamaha TZR 6-petal or one of very similar size. It rests in a manifold that is mounted with two studs, so you can change petals without dropping the engine. For this the cage was turned 90° - a bit of a compromise as the upper part of the reedblock flows against the backwall of the boost ports. I can only think that the block flows enough for the expected power but it is not perfect.
Boyesen ports as on RB Kit are routed around the studs.
Exhaust port looks very nice, one main port and two auxiliary ports - these are not a compromise as they exit where the cylinder studs usually are, so the bridge between the main and aux port is much thicker then on the RB Kit and the flow is better. Again, this is very good, but leads to another thing we don´t liked, the cylinder is fastened on the inlet side with standard length studs and on the exhaust side with short studs (I believe allen bolts) and short studs at the top. This proved to be not very good on two stroke cylinders as they tend to warp under heat anyway and using different points of torque-down makes them warp even more differently on the length of the cylinder.
Transfer ports were the downer for us as we expected after talking to Tino in Sweden that the cylinder will be fixed with short studs on both sides and that in this case the transfers can be much lower and wider then on all other Lambretta cylinders.
Our conclusion: the cylinder surely will fullfill the power specs given already, but some parts of it could be done different to make it even better. Still, this must be said, this was one of the preproduction models but i think first kits will be as this one was.
meet me on Facebook: Michael Powolotti

some of my tuning work:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Powolotti ... 6938811863

my club:
http://www.wiener-spitzbuam.at
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information