The story so far !

Show photo's of your scootering history, dont be shy, we all looked stupid back in the day :)
carlos fandango

Heres my first scoot in the spring 1983, Jet200 N reg non runner £70.00 from RG spares in Birmingham. I lived in north Birmingham / Walsall, about 9 miles away, and i didnt know anyone with a van. So i paid a lad i knew £5.00 to Push it to my house :shock: :D
The first pic is after id started to strip it dow, with a 16 year old me on it. :o
And this is it finished August 1983 just before I.O.W. and my 17th birthday. All done by myself. Sprayed in Hamerite, even the airbrushed pinstriping and fogging. I taught myself as i went along.
After going to Morcambe on the coach, IOW and Skegness in 1983 and getting on the road, it didn't take long for me to hang my parka up and change to combats 8-) :)
I passed my test in spring 1984 and picked this Sil GP 200 up only 18months old for about £300.00 :D the guy who had it had taken the engine apart and didnt know how to put it back together again :lol: Some parts were scratch so sprayed them red. I put a 225 barrel, clubman and 30mm amal on it :)
I came off this a few month later, so resprayed it in Tekaliod blue.
In between i was given an li125 from a mod friend, who had brought it as a non runner to do up. He couldnt get it running so........ attacked it with a hammer :shock: ...... this didnt work :D so he gave it to me. :D............ I had this picture from IOW 83, and this inspired me to get the angle grinder out 8-)
This i kept for some years constantly changing, drops, rear sets, and even tried a fairing :D
In 87 fitted one of the new fangled TS1 kits a fresco, and my dad bored the 30mm amal i had to 34mm and reprayed yellow.
last run i went on was IOW 88 not long before meeting my future wife who wasnt interested in scooters :(
Next photo is about 94 with my 1st son (now 18 :o ) and id decided to sell my scoots :(
So fast forward to 2006 and now with four kids :o and my 40th birthday my wife took me to reserrection scooters to treat me to a £650 curry burner :D but when we get there they had sold out :( it takes another 12-18 months before i get a similar one off ebay
Its now like this, RB20
Also got an S1
Oh an also this eibar Lis150 (RB240) rusteration last on the road in 85
Is anybody still awake :D :D
Russ
Last edited by carlos fandango on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
RICSPEED

cool :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Diablo
Dealer

Brilliant set of pics and story. thanks for sharing
RICSPEED

any more of the yellow one?
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
carlos fandango

eden wrote:
carlos fandango wrote:Jet200 N reg non runner £70.00 from RG spares in Birmingham
Before Jase White was there?
I cant remember :( just remember a couple of old guys, they must have have been at least 35+ :shock: :D
RICSPEED wrote:any more of the yellow one?
No ive only got that one :cry: its the blue cut down with all the bits painted properly :)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Great story and pics mate the story is similar to mine and probably alot of other scooterists who were of the scene at sometime due to marriage, mortgages etc then back into it with a bang :D :D :D :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
kejj

Great pics and story mate!
Cec

Brilliant. A fine stable of scooters you have (and had) :fb:
soullad
Dealer

great story Russ ..hows the eibar RB rustoration going ? any chance of a few more pics?
carlos fandango

Thanks for the kind words guys :)
soullad wrote:great story Russ ..hows the eibar RB rustoration going ? any chance of a few more pics?
Hi Ian. the scoots exactly the same as when you saw it at Cadwell in the back of Mats van :(
Unfortunately three weeks after that, i came off the GP on a diesel spill :shock: , on my way to work. and tore a ligament off my left thumb :o :( as a result i havent been able to do f@@k all for three months :(. But now im hoping to get it back together this week or next week :D :D and find out whats wrong with it :?
Russ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information