31bhp TS1 with JL4 pipe, but with an ADS tourer it is.......

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lazarus

interesting post im looking forward to the results . :)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Here we go, ADS exhausts from left to right....tourer (red), fast-road (blue), and race (green).

Back to back testing on my tuned TS1, bear in mind that the port timings, ignition curve and carb size are all best suited to the race pipe, so whilst the fast-road and the tourer curves are good, they could be made even better with tweaks to the engine set-up.....this was just tested 'as is' and with no other changes to the engine other than the pipes.

BHP:
Tour: 25.4bhp @ 6500rpm
Road: 28.4bhp @ 8000rpm
Race: 31.1bhp @ 9200rpm

Torque:
Tour: 21ft-lbs @ 6200rpm
Road: 19ft-lbs @ 7500rpm
Race: 18ft-lbs @ 8900rpm

I dare say that when i tweak the touring setup, i should achieve 26bhp & 22ft-lbs, and will be running 4.2 gearing.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
willwander

8-) Thats cool, cheers dan
standing mile: 118.6mph
1/4 mile: 14.04 seconds - 93mph
chris2470

Great bit of work ,very informative, just out of interest would it be rude to ask the port timings of this TS1.
Also based with this info what would you say the ideal port timings are that would suit each pipe.
Best Regards

Chris
drunkmunkey6969

I dont mind discussing what we do here, showing graphs of stuff we test, and port timings vs rpm range info can be found in any tuning book..........but at this point it might be nice to hear from the pipe designer for some tech info. Adspeed......????
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Adspeed

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:I dont mind discussing what we do here, showing graphs of stuff we test, and port timings vs rpm range info can be found in any tuning book..........but at this point it might be nice to hear from the pipe designer for some tech info. Adspeed......????
eeeerm ya know me Dan I'm a man of few words :)

The pipes are designed round a tuned, rather spicy TS1. As some may know it all started out as a engine build to race midweek with the lads........The cylinder they were designed round is still on the shelf as it goes!!LOL!! I had a desire to go touring tune half way through the build and have never come back.

I'd like to think there is a pipe to suit everybodies requirements here, also an option to tame an over tuned barrel to make them rideable again.

Good to see the results Dan, looking forward to your write up when on the road with the ADS3. 8-)
drunkmunkey6969

The old dog has to go to fund the new venture......

:cry:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information