Quick Shifter

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Sonny
Dealer

HI

Has anyone fitted a quickshifter system if so which one and did it work ?

Thanks

Pete
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
RICSPEED

do you mean electrically operated type of thing ???

for sportsbikes??
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
mark

i have looked at it a few times but not tried yet
Sonny
Dealer

RICSPEED wrote:do you mean electrically operated type of thing ???

for sportsbikes??

Either electrical of pnuematic, both systems cut the ignition by a programmable amount via the CDI some use pressure sensors on the gear lever and others have buttons to up and down shift. It's just for bikes when a gear is selected the gear arm returns back to a 'zero' or 'neutral' position not much good for a lammy.
Iv'e emailed a couple of manufactures but not had any reply as yet,

Pete
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
RICSPEED

the thing is...a bikes gear lever returns to a central position after each gear change ...i wont bother explaining how they do this but as far as bikes are concered the quick shift only needs to move a few inches either way ...up or down the gear box

on a lammy as im sure you know the gear arm stays in a position that coresponds with what ever gear you are in

so imo a quick shifter is no good on a lammy or vespa for that matter
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Sonny
Dealer

RICSPEED wrote:a bikes gear lever returns to a central position after each gear change .. the quick shift only needs to move a few inches either way ...up or down the gear box

on a lammy as im sure you know the gear arm stays in a position that coresponds with what ever gear you are in

so imo a quick shifter is no good on a lammy or vespa for that matter

That's the fundimental problem `i see with the quickshifters i've been looking at, they say they are 'programable' so does that mean they can be programmed to shift in a single direction and stay there, I went to the NABD ( nat association for bikers with disabilities ) and they have a coiuple of variations with up and down shift systems based on clutch lever pressure and though that looks good would it work on a lammy !!

I would like to know if anyone has tried one and it worked
scooty

i had thought about fitting a quick shifter when i used to sprint......this is how i thought of doing it...
fit a positive stop on top of the casing (i think Don Noys fitted one to one of his scooters a triumph one i think)
have a selector and gearbox made so that neutral is where first would be and equal spacings and then fit an air shifter to the selector arm....simples ;)

Downside is the cost only to get say half a second over the quarter :(
i found you can get quicker with practice and not eating too many pies ;)
wheelie bars would also get you quicker time

good luck
blue

i found you can get quicker with practice and not eating too many pies ;)

I take it you know sonny then! :lol:
timdig

sonny i spose it cud be done if you had a ratchet system on the gear linkage on top of the engine so the ram pushed forwards , then returned ready to push forward again. mite be difficult to change back down tho. the neutral where 1st sounds good .mite get 5 gears in there then. you could always try a rearset gear change. id like to see if anyone has put a steering damper on a full frame. tim
Sonny
Dealer

I take it you know sonny then! :lol:[/quote]

Oi Johnny One Shot !!!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information