SLJ / Jimmers Reed Valve Fitted !

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
nellyboyo
Main scooter: Lambretta

Hiya, fitted the SLJ / Jimmers reed vavlve assembly to my mugello 186 ( 107 conrod ) .
Piston was cut to suit , manifold cleaned up , inlet enlarged and fins removed from the barell.
After a bit of playng with the jetting first impressions are ......excellent....
Lots more of bottom end torque and hardly , if any loss of top end .
Still needs a bit more testing as the head has come loose :oops: which was my fault ...

so watch this space

The question I was wondering if anyone knows are what type are the steel reeds supplied which are fitted and is there any benifit changing to carbon fibre ??

Shot at 2010-10-30
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

bLimey, thats a touch of the retro.
cezeta

hows the carb clearance?
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Steel reeds :shock:
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

Steel reeds would not be a good idea and carbon would not really be a benefit either. I tested carbon petals on a couple of the early GT kits and there was no performance advantage.

For a stiffer petal on a GT kit we doubled up the petals with the top set half the length than the bottom so there was more of a pronounced curve in the petal when open (it was an old Parilla Kart trick). What reed valve is it using and have you researched the petal options for that first?

Don't like the idea of removing barrel fins.
joee

Rich_T wrote:Steel reeds would not be a good idea and carbon would not really be a benefit either. I tested carbon petals on a couple of the early GT kits and there was no performance advantage.

For a stiffer petal on a GT kit we doubled up the petals with the top set half the length than the bottom so there was more of a pronounced curve in the petal when open (it was an old Parilla Kart trick). What reed valve is it using and have you researched the petal options for that first?

Don't like the idea of removing barrel fins.

it is indeed an old kart trick rich! and you couldn't beat parillas...slightly off topic . ;)
randall ate my dog!!

no one likes us we dont care
nellyboyo

The carb clearance if fine on a series 2 anyway.
I`m not sure what type the reeds are I`ll try to find out off Jimmers. Theres nothing stamped on them anywhere I can see.
We didn`t have to take that many fins off , it wasnt butchery
ScooterLoopyJohn
Dealer
Main scooter: 1970 GP 195cc A/F s'type

The manifold shown is our take on the 1980's taffspeed casting box Ian lent us. I used Yamaha RD reed blocks so should be easy to get any number of differant types for the reeds. If the opening is square they are RD250 reeds, larger oblong then RD350 and TSI size then YPVS . there where only 20 cast so they are a fairly unique item (4 left in stock). But mine works well on my skelly (225 rappido 28delly+filter 48 clubman) . The smaller under the panel type before any one askes is under development due to our hard test before sale policy.
nellyboyo

It works and fits well John so I`ll have a look about to see what reed options are available , cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information