What have i done wrong?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Ok i'm getting towards the end of my re-build and i've come to start the engine but when i try to kick Her over the kickstart just goes down like the clutch is pulled in. The cable is'nt even connected, i have had this engine running sweet including the clutch during the dry build however i stripped it back down to paint the casing. Clutch is MB crownwheel and pressure plate with Cam Lam light spider 1mm steels with 5 X 1.2mm plates, i've had it apart several times and each time the side casing won't sit flush with the engine case. It's starting to really bug me can someone please tell what i've done wrong? Cheers
mark

Sounds like kickstart shaft is fouling the clutch. Try it with STD steels it will help
mickyb

I ha a similar problem with mine, using the MB spider. Problem was that using 5 thin corkd and steels the centre was sitting so high it was compressed by the clutch lever in side casing, cured problem by fitting 2 thin corks and 3 thick corks thereby bringing the clutch centre back in.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

All sorted :D ,
I fitted the original steels as suggested by Mark and it's all ok now. Thanks for your help Fellas.
mark

Glad to be of help
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information