large center plug head no cowlings

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soulsurfer

rbgaz wrote:taller gearing has cooled mine alot as it now dosnt rev so much and u are opening the throttle more , hav seen a 100 drop in temps at the same speed 55
Doesn't that just shift the problem to a different speed at the same rpm?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

corect soulman, before 55mph silly revs bad temps now 65 silly revs bad temps as most of my mates ride at 55mph i can now ride with them without thinking this is gooner blow !!!
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I've noticed that the front runners in BSSO racing leave it until the last possible moment to join the paddock before the start of a race, they don't wanna sit with the engine ticking over in the holding paddock.
Also they have exhausts designed that don't sit directly in front of the barrel like road scoots.
Maybe some form of added scoop with a drilled barrel cowling could be designed.
Jazzy

there,s a guy with a workshop on the same estate as Allstyles in pompey, and the guy there runs that set up.
when i questioned him about it he said it runs fine no probs atall in any conditions. i said bet you couldnt do the isle of wight ride out on it and he was adament it never overheats.
think its to do with the sheer size of the head theyre huge load of surface area.
air cooled moto bikes manage to run ok in traffic with out forced air cooling.
pompeyts1

vicvega wrote:Was at Amiens over the weekend and there were a group of lads from hayling island who were running that set up. They said it ran very well, can't remember the figures but said onhis egt it ran cooler than cowlings. I sure he said they use JB to get them dyno'd so possibly give him a shout for advice.
both the supertune rb 225 and the carbon fibre rb 250 with the hydraulic clutch set up both went to Amiens and back without head cowlings and with the temp being in the late 20s early 30s there and back had no problems heat related!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information