lambretta advance and retard

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
firekdp

I doubt that Tino designed the kit at all, more correct to say adapted another scooters system by machining a new stator back plate and flywheel boss. Most of the newer ignition types seem to based on modern far eastern scoots.
The system has two sparks because of its simplistic design, the stator has no pick up, so, I believe, it will spark every time a certain magnetic pole passes its coil.
cezeta

i thought it was from a derbi motorcycle? cant remember where i read or got told that.

From what i can tell nobody understands (including the tuners i have spoken to) variable ignition and how to test it. I was hoping to put an oscilloscope on it but need a bit of guidance :(
J1MS

firekdp wrote:I doubt that Tino designed the kit at all, more correct to say adapted another scooters system by machining a new stator back plate and flywheel boss. Most of the newer ignition types seem to based on modern far eastern scoots.
The system has two sparks because of its simplistic design, the stator has no pick up, so, I believe, it will spark every time a certain magnetic pole passes its coil.
Yes, Adapted is the better word... but he probably adapted a system with two sparks a cycle, as this was most likely to be used on the twin.
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

J1MS wrote:Maybe Tino designed the Variatronic with the twin Targa in mind
I would think this is the logical answer
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information