Headset Top

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

After ordering the one in Scootering last year and never receiving,I made my own with a little alloy welding from a chap I know.Scoot now has fuel gauge,rev counter,speedo etc .Only down side was having to fit a modified Vespa battery holder in toolbox and a seperate switch to turn it on but works fine.ImageImageImage
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Very neat, and lots of info on a small display. Tidy installation too.

The battery issue could be solved with a small battery from a burglar alarm. They are readily available, sealed and can be mounted at any angle. Although they only have small terminals, you won't be drawing much power to run this display. It's not like you need to fire-up a starter motor from the battery.

Something like a 3.2Ah 12v jobbie like this: http://www.yuasabatteries.co.uk/np32-12-yuasa-9-p.asp at about a tenner, or check out the data sheet for all their NP range (including physical dimensions) here: http://www.yuasabatteries.co.uk/data-sh ... ds-4-w.asp

If you want 4.8mm terminals and a crimping tool to fit them, then I have plenty in stock.
Martin
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Thanks for that ,that's the type of battery I used and made the carrier smaller.Battery is charged from a varitronic regulator.
T5-190

Nice job wack 63, it looks like it has always been there. Nice one.
Diablo
Dealer

Yes very impressive it looks like it grew there.
fibreglass
Dealer
Main scooter: gp

Very pleasing to the eye its allways nice to see someone take a little pride and care in there work !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information