THEY KNOW THEIR STUFF IN SURREY

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Stokie

So I lost track - did Cezeta get his MB de-tuned TS1 torque monster finished and in a scooter yet ?
And if so then where's the f@@king dyno chart !? :D
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

eden wrote:
RinB wrote:
Special X wrote:9000 rpm and 125 mpg :mrgreen: the new holy grail. Things were so much simpler when a true 70 mph was the (rarely acheived) holy grail.
Ill go along with that,

We should start an official over 60's club ie A true over 60mph+ for 60 miles before stopping
There's a few in our club who have joined. :D

Then there is the over 70s club ie A true 70mph+ for 70 miles
Only 1 or 2 done this ;)

Then finally the ultimate the over 80s club ie A true 80mph+ for 80miles
:roll:

:D :D :D

Fuel receipts are great for proof of miles covered and average speed over that distance, Ive still got mine somewhere from last years trip to the IoW,
For the first 83 miles covered on motorway I was one up with the Mrs following in our daughters car, (I talked her into taking my Mrs half way so I could give the scooter some s**t with out having her on the back digging me in the ribs every few miles shouting SLOW DOWN)
with 70 minutes difference in time on receipts it works out to 71mph average not knocking of the time to fill up and pay for the fuel, probably 5-8 minutes, so the average is higher.
At that stop my Mrs got on the back for the remaining 77 miles on A roads which I took a tadge steadier, covered in 75 minutes which works out to just over 61mph average. :twisted:
I have no proof of the second leg because that time was to the ferry port not a petrol station :(

Ive just ordered new koso speedo and rev counter, both have more features than the old ones I have at the moment, the speedo has max and average speeds etc. Along with those, For the Euro I'll also have my satnav on along with my phone GPS running in my pocket which also records fastest speed, average speed and distance covered.

On the Euro trip if my engine is running well, that's a big IF, I'll know how fast I was going for how long when it blows up :lol:
I just hope it doesn't blow before getting on the ferry is all.

but maybe, just maybe, I might get to join the over 80,s club. The question is, will my engine stay together for an hour reving at just over 7400 rpm. :?
Well Eden I think you can defo join the over 60's club m8 no doubt
& if I understand what your saying m8 I think you can participate in the over 70's club as well m8 :bouncyeng:

But ill have to see the proof :lol:

As for the over 80's m8 it a tough one and maybe the hardest too do . I GPS Reflections at 85mph for 4miles on the way back from Donny hunters last weekend was battered & bucketed from the wind, not nice. :D
But hey maybe one day :twisted:
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
cezeta

Stokie wrote:So I lost track - did Cezeta get his MB de-tuned TS1 torque monster finished and in a scooter yet ?
And if so then where's the f@@king dyno chart !? :D
funny you should ask, I just got back from a long weekend staying down at B-Race tuning playing dynoes.

For the record......I wasnt after a torque monster as such, more of a four stroke off the throttle power delivery with less of a power band. drz400 was my ideal comparison power deliver......smooth and just enough.

I didnt get what i was looking for though.....assuming what im looking for exists :?

The b race dyno reads low, for example another engine we tested was on the mbd dyno at 23bhp, replay dyno at 21bhp and b race at 19bhp which shows the differences between dynoes.

However the bhp is plenty and possibly so is the torque (although its not monster torque in my eyes) but its the shape of the curve im not happy with, im after a much flatter curve where as ive ended up with quite a peak of both power and torque at 6500 which really does pull hard......but it lacks oomph from tick over.

I think train driver ended up with the better motor with his rt255 running a standard clubman. although lower on figures its a better all round motor for fast road riding and puts the power down like ..........a four stroke :roll:

both are pretty good low tuned motors giving good power on the road but train driver got the better motor :(

thats it for a while......i need to ride it now and ive got another motor on the boil. it was going to be a rapido 240 but im thinking the 250 barrel may be better. in the mean time im in the process of looking for a triumph speed triple......im all scootered out for a bit.

bryansmudge

I'm selling a Triumph Daytona 650 with only 300 miles on the clock on 05 plate. Absolutly gleaming.
cezeta

my last bike was a daytona 995 but i want the early model speed triple, i wanted one when they first came out but could never afford one but still like them so im going back and re living my youth......again ;)

like this one

Furious George

but maybe, just maybe, I might get to join the over 80,s club. The question is, will my engine stay together for an hour reving at just over 7400 rpm. :?
I reckon the seat makes a bigger impact on this than any engine mods, can your arse put up with those stresses for that time? :D
Charlie don't surf
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Furious George wrote:

I reckon the seat makes a bigger impact on this than any engine mods, can your arse put up with those stresses for that time? :D
Very true George plus lambretta wrist comes into play as well :lol:
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
bryansmudge

I thought I was the only one suffering from that, your fingers really do go all white! :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information