best crank

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
carbon lammy

my af race crank just seized today taking out piston and barrel in process,any sugestions on which is best crank i was running a tunned 225 monza
Soulpunk

for 100% reliability get a meceur race dl/gl crankshaft.
you can get them from various shops. about 110.-gbp
i have now bought my 6th meceur race for my lambretta engines.
(honda205/ts1/standart/175/etc..)
absolutely happy. the "supercranks" with tungsten/cermaic/copper-filled cranks are nonesense in "normal" tuned engines. they only cost double.
what makes more sense is to pay some extra for getting crank & flywheel balanced from a good local moto-shop or scooter-workshop. it makes the engine running a load smoother and less vibrating if you get both balanced for about 40.- .
very advisable. (nearly no new crank and new flywheel is professionally balanced when new. so it should be checked / done).
GPMatt

I've bought a few of these now. Got one in my mugello and bought a couple for engines that i've built. On ebay for £120, or JB Tunings shop for £99.00. They seem to be capable right up to ts1 standards.
Train Driver

carbon lammy wrote:my af race crank just seized today taking out piston and barrel in process,any suggestions on which is best crank i was running a tuned 225 monza
Get the best you can afford but stay away from the cheaper end, also get your bits (crank, piston, re bore) from the same place
I know many will suck their teeth and say no no but you can't beat Mb developments i had mark supply a piston, head and tidy up the ports of my rapido 225 when i bought it i have had no problems its now running in one of Cezetas engines
steve chapman

could also do with a bit of advice , im also running an af race crank which seems to be ok, but the more i read about af cranks going pear shaped the more i feel i should do somthing before its to late , any ideas ie do i take it out and have it welded and re balanced. ps im running a std ts1 any ideas or help would be great
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

steve chapman wrote:could also do with a bit of advice , im also running an af race crank which seems to be ok, but the more i read about af cranks going pear shaped the more i feel i should do somthing before its to late , any ideas ie do i take it out and have it welded and re balanced. ps im running a std ts1 any ideas or help would be great
AF's have had a few crank probs but so have other Dealers as well, not out to slag or favour any of them.

But Ive used numorous AF cranks and to this date Ive not had one go :shock: May be Ive been lucky but who knows
But I have had others go on me.

So dont rush and change anything just on here say.

How old is your crank is it a newish one
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
steve chapman

thanks rinb for your comments , the crank is about a year old and done about 1500 miles. steve
ming

Soulpunk wrote:for 100% reliability get a meceur race dl/gl crankshaft.
you can get them from various shops. about 110.-gbp
i have now bought my 6th meceur race for my lambretta engines.
(honda205/ts1/standart/175/etc..)
absolutely happy. the "supercranks" with tungsten/cermaic/copper-filled cranks are nonesense in "normal" tuned engines. they only cost double.
what makes more sense is to pay some extra for getting crank & flywheel balanced from a good local moto-shop or scooter-workshop. it makes the engine running a load smoother and less vibrating if you get both balanced for about 40.- .
very advisable. (nearly no new crank and new flywheel is professionally balanced when new. so it should be checked / done).
I second the MEC EUR / Tameni cranks. Great value for the money, very solid, and very true right from the start.
carbon lammy

mine is about 18 months old only done about 1500 miles run on 4% rock oil from new,big end bearing collapsed webs were blue with the heat,af race crank any ideas what went wrong.
soullad
Dealer

cheap big end bearing unfortunately - it just failed on you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information