Need electrical help - connecting S2 loom to electronic kit

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
jimmac

I'm using a BGM stator, Ducati HT coil and Ducati Regulator. The loom is new, 2-wire brake type.

Wires from stator:

Green
Yellow
White
Red

Wires from loom:

Grey
Purple
Green (two into one connector)
Wire to coil

I'm thinking I can put the double green wire straight to the CDI, but I don't know where to attach the Grey and Purple wires. Anyone done this before?
plantman

ive done it once mate,but best to refer to sticky book really.red is pick up and white is earth i think /green cut out,sticky book is good all manner of wiring types in there
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Hi,I would say the grey and purple need to be joined together to feed the lights either into a single spade to plug into the regulator or in joined terminals in the junction box. The double green is the ignition, one end goes to the headset and the other is the loose green which plugs into the CDI outside green terminal to act as the cut out. So basically its all one green wire with a bullet to loop in n out the junction box. Hope this helps
jimmac

Thanks guys - Sticky's doesn't seem to cover this set up , as far as I can tell, although there are some kind of similar options.

I'll try the suggestions, and hopefully that will work.
plantman

did you sort it mate\?
jimmac

Not yet - I've got a mate coming over to help me at the weekend, and he's good with electrics. I'll post the solution on here once we get it working, for anyone with a similar set up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information