Varitronic, headlight works, horn & rear lights don't

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lakelambrettas
Dealer
Main scooter: SX200

I've fitted a Varitronic to an Li175 with electronic loom. The problem I have is that the headlight works but the horn and rear lights don't. This to me signifies that the problem must lie within the headset as power is getting to it. However the person who I've done the job for tells me that they were working before he gave it to me, suggesting that it must be something I've done.

I'd take the headset off and have a look but he's got a flyscreen fitted so before I take the plunge has anyone got any suggestions other than headset?

Cheers.

Denis
It's IW
not IOW!
boxofbits

see if horn wires are pluged into the horns back light is usally the earth at the rear -- i quick test is to get a bit of wire and stick it on the screw of the back light then earth it --
lakelambrettas
Dealer

I'll check the earths at the back, thanks.

Denis
It's IW
not IOW!
firekdp

If it's got an electronic loom and the horn and rear light are affected, then it's got 2 separate problems and I can't see how it's anything to do with the work you've done.
lakelambrettas
Dealer

firekdp wrote:If it's got an electronic loom and the horn and rear light are affected, then it's got 2 separate problems and I can't see how it's anything to do with the work you've done.
I agree, but the chap tells me they did work, I can't prove otherwise as it was a non-runner when he brought it to me.

Denis
It's IW
not IOW!
JOHNNY
Main scooter: Full carbon fibre RB270 gp

If it was a non runner how did he know they worked ?
lakelambrettas
Dealer

JOHNNY wrote:If it was a non runner how did he know they worked ?
It became a non-runner when the flywheel came apart when he was riding it over to me.

I took the screws out of the light switch yesterday and it fell apart! I hope that is the is the problem solved.

Denis

PS It was the cause, problem solved.
It's IW
not IOW!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information