THEY KNOW THEIR STUFF IN SURREY

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Train Driver

So Cezeta was right when he kept going on and on about torque being the new black, the new Jerusalem etc etc
now everyone wants some,
new exhausts being developed new cylinders everyone looking out for GT boxes talk of cruising at 75mph but only at 6000rpm
stump pullers for all :lol:
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

What's not to like? :lol:
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Simples....The price of fuel (less revs = less fuel)/ less revs = less vibration (stops a lammy shaking to bits)/ where all getting older and more heavy (more torque less top end).. :frog:
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
soullad
Dealer

Lam46 wrote:Simples....The price of fuel (less revs = less fuel)/ less revs = less vibration (stops a lammy shaking to bits)/ where all getting older and more heavy (more torque less top end).. :frog:
less revs equals longer component life too, and good news with the price of sorted engines

As for whats not to like?
A possible improvement from this might be the whole cooling system. Less revs equals less air being forced over the top end so hopefully this might drive cooling improvements, like fan design. Compare the lammy flywheel to the vespa fin arrangement. the latter just looks more efficient. P2's run cast iron barrels don't forget ;) ;)
Train Driver

Well everyone is coming out of the closet now
before it's been high reving ts1 and rb's with their loud race pipes that got you going
power from 6000 to 9000 25mpg
but not anymore
shocky

slower flywheel = less movement of air =more heat = well you know the answer to that one
power be it torque or bhp comes from energy being burnt , burnt energy = heat
some of the high torque electric motors i install on belt and roller conveyors have a separate
electric fan to cool them because they only rotate at 30 or 40 rpm and an inbuilt fan wont flow enough air to cool them
ok a bit extrem but a 20% reduction in flywheel rotation isnt goint to cool
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
soullad
Dealer

Maybe we'll see an increase in LC engines? just heads or maybe barrels too. This will also allow diff ignition systems / flywheel weights?...........
cezeta

you lot are so last year........im now waiting for an lml 250 four stroke and the molossi dial in cam kit now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6NSC5YA2VE&feature=fvw
Train Driver

When i was British enduro champion or was it world can't remember :lol: the army lads told us about a project to fit a diesel engine into a kawasaki klr frame for dispatch riders.
It would save lots of money only having one fuel and the thick squaddies (their words) wouldn't put the wrong fuel in tanks, trucks and bikes

any thoughts on a diesel engined scooter, you could fit a generator engine :geek:
joee

6LDA 28B wrote:When i was British enduro champion or was it world can't remember :lol: the army lads told us about a project to fit a diesel engine into a kawasaki klr frame for dispatch riders.
It would save lots of money only having one fuel and the thick squaddies (their words) wouldn't put the wrong fuel in tanks, trucks and bikes

any thoughts on a diesel engined scooter, you could fit a generator engine :geek:

is it cushmans or some other amrican bike runs what looks like cement mixer engines?
if so i've got a yard full of them..

in fact a few of them are very rare GT models worth thousands....probably
randall ate my dog!!

no one likes us we dont care
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information