Pro-porting new Lambretta barrel

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Harry had two versions of his new barrel at the VMSC event at Coventry. Here are photos of the 225.

These are new castings. It is not complete, as it needs a tidy and a ceramic coating, but it offers lots of options. He also had a big-bore version on show (78mm spigot, 72mm piston), but this was unfinished and Harry wanted it to be developed a bit more before it is shown.

Have you any thoughts about these?

Martin
Last edited by Knowledge on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin
sean brady scooters
Dealer

finished products are what folk like ,not half finished ones....
not to mention dyno results and recomendations.....using the finished product... :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Knowledge
Dealer

Wise words Sean. Perhaps that's why no one seems to have seen a Super Monza in any state of completion.
Martin
sean brady scooters
Dealer

PS ...and as has been said and noticed on LCGB....where has the top fin gone..?
surely one of the most important ones as regards the cooling efficiency... :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Knowledge
Dealer

On the version photographed, I do not have a dimension from the bottom of the transfers to the top of the barrel. The extra meat on the top of the barrel is to allow for longer strokes, up to 64mm. The version photographed may have even more meat than that.....

I guess if the barrel is used for a 60mm stroke, much of top gasket face is machined off, leaving no space for an additional top fin anyway.

You seem very dismissive of this barrel Sean.
Martin
Stokie

Knowledge wrote:On the version photographed, I do not have a dimension from the bottom of the transfers to the top of the barrel. The extra meat on the top of the barrel is to allow for longer strokes, up to 64mm. The version photographed may have even more meat than that.....

I guess if the barrel is used for a 60mm stroke, much of top gasket face is machined off, leaving no space for an additional top fin anyway.

You seem very dismissive of this barrel Sean.
I'd anticipate that what you've said about allowing for long stroke cranks is right Martin.

I thought SB was a bit dismissive too - maybe because you got the scoop on it and not Dan !?
Interesting comment regarding "dyno results and recomendations" given the good old Foxhat RB discussion ......

I'll be interested to see how these kits end up - I reckon Cezeta should buy one !
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Stokie wrote:I thought SB was a bit dismissive too - maybe because you got the scoop on it and not Dan !?
What the fucks it got to do with me? I never said owt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All scoops are welcome, i dont care where they come from?????
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Stokie

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
All scoops are welcome, i dont care where they come from?????
and I didn't say you did
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Barrel looks like it's got plenty of extra meat in all the right places barrel top, transfers, gasket faces etc

Looks like the secondary transfers have more area, so they will not need to be played with to much, un Like what you would have to do on a TS1.

Im surprised on the std flat exhaust exit, Id thought he would have gone for angled exit like RB.
Obviously Harry has his own thoughts on this.

All I can say is it can only be better for us with all these new kits coming out :D
This one has certainly got a lot of protential to fettle it in built from the word go

OH yer I like scoops .........full with chocolate chip ice cream mmmmmmmmmmmm
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
oldbiker

Yes I had a look at the barrels and they seemed nicely made.

Would somebody mention to harry "TZR250 2MA\1KT manifold rubbers" please.
Also nice to have met you knowledge "putting faces to names" as you said, and by the way, I like the nice crimping pliers that you are selling.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information