Running in Rapido 225

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
woody69

Does anyone know how many miles before it's safe to take Missus on back of scoot. Only done 50 miles on new Rapido barrel kit and wanna go to Whitby. PS. she's not a big 'un :oops:
coaster

woody69 wrote:Does anyone know how many miles before it's safe to take Missus on back of scoot. Only done 50 miles on new Rapido barrel kit and wanna go to Whitby. PS. she's not a big 'un :oops:
I'd be inclined to put a few more miles on it before going even if you ride solo. If you do take her, keep the revs down as much as possible and make frequent stops. Avoid doing miles on end at a fixed speed.

Good luck 8-)
arthur

same problem here but only my 10 year old son, i've only got 30 mile on the clock and working away next week so no more miles,mother inlaw lives in Whitby so the lads going in the car with the wife and hes just pleased to have a ride round Whitby when l get there.
J1MS

I ran mine in on the way to the IOW, I was two up with a little luggage for some of the trip so I took it easy and used the gears to prevent straining the engine on hills, but by the time we were riding back the piston was pretty much bedded in and could hold a steady 55-60 with ease. I ran it on 18x47 & GP200 gears 5.2-1 ratio Ideal for two up, and 4% SYNTHETIC OIL. As reccomended by AF when you buy his Rapido kit.
Mines been well used and thrashed everywhere ive ridden it since...
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

Still running mine in, I was given a great little idea - map a route round town that's about 10 miles and keep doing laps of that, my route includes mainly town riding up to 40mph, a short burst ( 2 mile) of the A1 at 50 mph and around 3 miles of country lanes where I have been varying the speed (no more than 50) and doing my plug chops there as well.I'm doing this for a very strict 1000 miles.
I have been using 4% chainsaw oil.

I have a Gps strapped to the headset that's keeping a track of the miles done and an accurate speed check.

Doing an egg run today so a bit of a change but as I'm travelling with a largeish group there won't be much racing about so again should be a good opportunity for running in miles.
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
bigrichli150
Dealer

pretty much as coaster said further up - keep alternating the revs, try to put as many miles on as possible, and definately do not hold on at constant revs for long periods (even when run in) - check your plug regularily and remember to change it to the style of riding you are doing ie change your plug to a higher number (colder running) if you are going on a long journey.

Also check your carb and rubber are tightly attached and keep checking them regularily and as J1MS says above use a quality synthetic oil mixed at a minimum of 3%.

Basically just use a little common sense, listen to the engine note if it starts to fade at all back off and change down a gear.
BARNSLEY LAMBRETTA CENTRE
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information