Speedo Cable

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Following on from another thread I have discovered the problem of why my speedo on my LI150 Series 2 behaves eratically this is because the top of the inner cable is to thin for were it connects into the speedo.

Is my speedo worn :? Or is it just a case(which I suspect) I have the wrong cable. If this is so which cable do I need for my speedo..... Do I have a series 2 speedo and 3 cable or is this the other way round ?

Cheers Tim
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

S1 S2 and early S3's had speedo cables with a thin "square bit" at the top. This was made thicker on all later S3's.

Sounds like you have the wrong cable, and possibly a remade S2 speedo with the wider aperture??

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
LI150

The speedo has 26000 miles on it this made me think it was the early type.

Might sound a daft question but can I just use the same outer and buy a series 3 inner to see if it fits ?
bristolmod

I think they come as a complete item.

It could simply be the correct speedo and the correct inner, but either the end of the inner or the aperture is worn slightly allowing the cable to "miss" sometimes (normally a thin wrong inner won't allow the speedo to show any movement)

I recon the inner is correct but worn

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
LI150

The cable is brand new had it a while though........ On closer inspection as I found a old series3 cable I do have the correct cable and when I use a drill to turn the cable a strange noise as if something is catching can be heard from the speedo therefore I think its the speedo...........Thanks for the help and advice Bristolmod

Can anyone tell me how to contact Jem to have my speedo refurbed as I wish to keep this one

Tim
bristolmod

I'll PM you Jems Email addy

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information