Complete Spanners Manual - corrections please

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Speed Demon
Dealer

As above - I'm working on a Second Edition of the book. Most of the chapters are roughly sorted now with corrections done and with S1 (not TV) and S2 added to the models covered. There will also be technical updates to various sections and covering new technology introduced in the last five years.

What I'm after in this thread are notifications of any mistakes that anyone has spotted (that haven't already been notified and put onto the corrections at http://www.lambrettabook.com)

I'm also after any ideas for any essential tips that you feel are missing.

I can't promise that every suggestion will make it because we are already way over our page target (163 new photos so far!) but if you have any ideas please feel free to share them via this thread or by PM (though my inbox is currently overflowing).

Cheers

Get to SULK
soullad
Dealer

dot punching the gear selector rod / wishbone ......... ;)
I now fully understand what you meant when you said that you've probably forgot more than you know.
Last edited by soullad on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RICSPEED

you diddnt print a pic of me with a hub on me head :lol:

Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
sean brady scooters
Dealer

it may well have been noticed already....but some of the gearing charts are amiss....

and the advice on exhaust /overall gearing ratios could be expanded upon somewhat.

it would also be good to see the "advance engine " section expand and encompass more kits etc...RB,s,imolas,etc.
like wise more info on such things as ignition kits.....and add ons...
and generally a bit more for the performance/tuning side of things
and together with more on aftermarket brakes /suspension/shockers and tyres... :D
i could go on ,but we cant expect the new book to end up thicker than a bible.... :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Speed Demon
Dealer

Thanks folks - good help (some already in, but not all)
Get to SULK
gadgetman

The original book enables even the most useless diy mechanic fully rebuild a lambretta successfully and is brilliantly thought out , I only wish that the thousands of classic Vespa owners could have something similar, because except for 'Sausages ' DVD's which are great for the engine rebuild there is nothing . (The haynes manuals are rubbish.). So please consider doing something with a similar lay out for Piaggios finest in the near future.
Speed Demon
Dealer

gadgetman wrote:The original book enables even the most useless diy mechanic fully rebuild a lambretta successfully and is brilliantly thought out , I only wish that the thousands of classic Vespa owners could have something similar, because except for 'Sausages ' DVD's which are great for the engine rebuild there is nothing . (The haynes manuals are rubbish.). So please consider doing something with a similar lay out for Piaggios finest in the near future.
There is a PX version mid-way through production as well, but it's on hold until the Lammy one is complete.
Get to SULK
dirtyhandslopez

I am fairly certain you have missspelled a few words. Tire, labor, aluminum :P
That's not going anywhere...
tha83
Main scooter: SX 2something

The other day I was trying to see if there was any info about airleak symptoms and how to fix them. So theres that and the whole take scootrs out of the book thing too. I'm just sayin' :roll:
TheSeeker

I would love to see it in hardback.

Best regards

Ben
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information