How do I get tank back in frame??

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

oioivespaboy wrote:Thanks for the info but unfortunately still no luck...... I couldn't even get the tank past the outside of the frame when i tilted it 20 degrees back.
I can get the tank right through the frame when the fuel mouth is pointing directly to the back of the bike but any other angle and it hits on the frame.

aaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Whereabouts in the country are you? there must be a scooterist near by who can help or offer advice always better with a fresh set of eyes mate :shock:
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
oioivespaboy

Whereabouts in the country are you? there must be a scooterist near by who can help or offer advice always better with a fresh set of eyes mate :shock:
I wish mate, I'm in New Zealand, bugger all lammies around here.
Toddy

oioivespaboy wrote:
Never mind mate thought it was worth a try what about posting some pics so people can see what you are doing ????
Innocenti-71

I got a Li150 S1 framebreather as well, so all I can do is take some fotos of the tank mounted.
Did you remove the battery tray? (for those who do not know: on the framebreather the battery tray is in the middle of the frame tube between tank & toolbox).
The battery tray can be removed by undoing the 2 10mm bolts on the bottom.

Ah, yes - I got a Tv1 waiting for restoration, everything disassamled right now. I will take some fotos later of putting the tank in since it is the same frame type as framebreather.
coaster

oioivespaboy wrote:
If you are in the South Island, there is at least one lambretta owner in Christchurch, he emigrated last year......lucky bugger :roll:
Innocenti-71

So, just back from the shed:
Quite easy, follow the pictures! Tank filling hole should face BACKWARD by 90° when inserting!
It worked even with the toolbox in place (and the additional "reserve" tube for the Tv1 fuel tap makes it a little bit more complicated than with a Series1Li)

Best regards, good luck
Markus
Toddy

Spot on explanation that Markus you learn something new everyday :) :)
Innocenti-71

Yep, me too! Before trying it myself I would have sweared the tank should face to toolbox when inserting, done it a dozen times and remembered it wrongly. Now I teached myself better. Happy day!
I hope it will work down under as well?!
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

oioivespaboy wrote:
that's it then- it's upside down :lol:

Sorry - couldn't resist ;)
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
oioivespaboy

Thank you so much for all those pictures mate, I can see exactly what the problem is now.
The flat part of my battery tray is still in place. I thought it looked like it should come off when i yanked on it so I thought it was welded on. I got the frame powdercoated so the flat part of the battery tray is probably just stuck down with powdercoat.

Thank you so much for all your help, getting the tank in means I can get on with the rest of the assembly now.

While I'm on a roll, any chance you know why my horncast grille doesn't fit?
the horncast is completely straight and I bought the grille new off ebay a couple of years back. I read somewhere that some early series 2 horncasts had the round grille as well, is it possible that the shape of the round grille is slightly different between series 1 & 2??

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information