Cutting hole in panel for filter

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Could anyone tell me if these are any good to cut hole in panel for my filter to exit ?

Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

That will cut through the panel with ease, problem you will have is the heat generated by the cutting will melt the paint around the hole and will blister it, you can put masking tape on first and drill slowly but beware matey it will blister, looks a decent kit for that price you even get the harbour..
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
bazman

Lam46 wrote:That will cut through the panel with ease, problem you will have is the heat generated by the cutting will melt the paint around the hole and will blister it, you can put masking tape on first and drill slowly but beware matey it will blister, looks a decent kit for that price you even get the harbour..
Bugger never thought of that and its got vinyl under the laquer, could be making a right pigs ear of it :(
yam-lam
Main scooter: serveta 125li & t5

them hole cutters don't look the best :shock: you would be better using the big tank cutter type ( new one ) also on the rough edge you can use motorbike visor strip to go round the hole, comes in different colours , bit off a pig to fit but looks the biz
yam-lam
Main scooter: serveta 125li & t5

hss hole saw cutters are good for the job but will cost you about 50 quid for a decent one with a arbor for the size you need
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

yam-lam wrote:hss hole saw cutters are good for the job but will cost you about 50 quid for a decent one with a arbor for the size you need
Grab yourself a bargain here then http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 488#p57488 ;) ;) :D
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
bazman

LOL , cheers lads , eden will need a 4" cutter as it's a wide filter to suit flatslide 30mm delly , don't think this is gonna be an easy job :shock: :lol:
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

If it's that big I'd be tempted to masking tape the area off and draw round something a similar diameter And jigsaw it out and tidy up with file- less heat generated that way
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
bazman

Dazza that might be the way , j1ms i would be afraid to use that as i would probably bend the whole panel lol!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information