Series 1 wiring diagram, battery model

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
geepee

Can anybody point me in the direction of said wiring diagram, post a link or mail me a picture ?

or is this the same, series 2 li with battery?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... CAcQ9QEwAA

cheers in advance

paul
firekdp

There are several different types, here's one of them.
http://www.scooterhelp.com/electrics/pa ... ml#battery
geepee

cheers for the diagram

i am slightly confused now tho, electrics is not my strong suit but

looking at that diagram the rear light switch has 3 wires going to it on my bike it has 2 going to the pedal but i have the 3 festoon bulb type rear light,

so do i have the wrong switch? wiring or rear light set up for the electrics i have

cheers for any help

paul
firekdp

Some models (even with a battery) were not fitted with brake lights from new, but have had them added later. Early models also used the blue stator wire to charge the battery, whereas on later ones the blue is unused and sheathed.
geepee

firekdp wrote:Some models (even with a battery) were not fitted with brake lights from new, but have had them added later. Early models also used the blue stator wire to charge the battery, whereas on later ones the blue is unused and sheathed.
so last night i wired up a battery just to see what was working and the rear lights came on (1 either side) but the brake light wouldn't come on, all new bulbs fitted

i have put a new brake switch on (as the pin was busted on the one already fitted) and this made no difference

is there anyway or anything i can check to see where the fault is?

sorry if i am sounding like a dummy :oops:
firekdp

Firstly, the outer two lamps should be the brake lights, with the centre one being the tail light.
With the battery connected check that there is power to one side of the switch.
craig69

My S1 has the 3 pin brake light switch and the brake light works off the battery, so i would imagine the 3rd wire powers the switch up from the battery, so with only a 2 pin switch the engine will need to be running for your brake light to work.
geepee

craig69 wrote:My S1 has the 3 pin brake light switch and the brake light works off the battery, so i would imagine the 3rd wire powers the switch up from the battery, so with only a 2 pin switch the engine will need to be running for your brake light to work.
that makes sense and i have traced the wire that powers the brake

my next question is
on my bike the 2 wires going to the brake switch are both green, however one has copper wire inside it and the other has blackish

is that a problem or is it normal?

what colour should the wires be?

cheers
firekdp

geepee wrote: that makes sense and i have traced the wire that powers the brake

my next question is
on my bike the 2 wires going to the brake switch are both green, however one has copper wire inside it and the other has blackish

is that a problem or is it normal?

what colour should the wires be?

cheers
Measure it with an ohmmeter/contiuity tester as that wire is probably damaged. If the brake switch wires are green then it's more than likely the stop light is an addition.
If the feed to it is from an AC circuit it would be beneficial to move it to a DC supply, as on a standard battery machine.
Re the horn in the wanted section, you need to specify whether you need AC or DC type, early series 1 machines (even with a battery) had an AC horn, later ones had DC .
craig69

If the wiring is looking a bit iffy like mine was i suggest getting a new loom made at Scooter Restorations, fantastic quality and all colour coded all for about £20 saved me a load of hassel :bouncyeng:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information