Si S2 differences

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
carlos fandango

Hi Just got a series 1 never had one before.
What are the differences between S1 and S2 bodywork (apart from the obvious, Headlamp etc.)
Its a 59 li 150, so not a frame breather.
Cheers
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
RICSPEED

i think ,and i mean i think there's a slight difference in the frame tube just ahead of the cylinder ,s1 cylinders are shorter and i believe this makes s2/3 motors a bugger to fit ,i am basing this purely on the feature i read about that tzr lammy thing in scootering(c1989)as the guy that built it (reg?)reckoned to have had to reposition the spark plug as it was based on a s1 frame
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Robi D

i have a ser. 1 li and i have finished restoring it last summer. used the o.g. case and put a deanspeed 190 cylinder kit on and had no clearance problems. the o.g. cylinder was definatly shorter. i don't think the tube is any different. that being said though, mine is a '59 and maybe the early ser. 1 were different.
carlos fandango

I dont think there is a difference on the tube around the cylinder either.
I meant the the body panels more, eg legshields, front mudgaurd, panels,runner boards, rear light, etc.
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
RICSPEED

as i said i was only quoting the feature in scootering ;)
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Dibsy

RICSPEED wrote:i think ,and i mean i think there's a slight difference in the frame tube just ahead of the cylinder ,s1 cylinders are shorter and i believe this makes s2/3 motors a bugger to fit ,i am basing this purely on the feature i read about that tzr lammy thing in scootering(c1989)as the guy that built it (reg?)reckoned to have had to reposition the spark plug as it was based on a s1 frame
I spoke to him at the aberystwyth scooter run in the 80's........his frame was a TV series 1 hence the clearance issue.

only difference between the LI series 1 / 2 is the horncase and wiring brackets on the frame, the open grille on the rear of the S1 is covered in on the S2 and they both use different chrome rings. And of course the S1 framebreathers have a bloody bighole in the frame :P

8-)
Stian

I have a Sil casing and RB kit on my Li 150 S1(59mod). No problem with the fittings.
carlos fandango

Thanks Dibsey thats more of the type of information i was after. :D :D
as i need a new panel and a few other bits, and was wondering if s2 bits fit, as most dealers only state s2 on parts :?
carlos fandango

Hi stian thats a coincidence ive got a rb20 to go in it :)
can you use the s3 sidecasing with the flatter kickstart buffer, or do you have to use the s1/s2 one with the buffer part that sticks out?
Stian

I use a Li125 S.3 sidecasing, but i had to trim the footboard i bit... I preferd to do so, insted off breaking the casing around the kick aksel one day...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information