What carb rubber?

Check here for a list of various carb set-ups to help with jetting and all aspects of carb trickery!
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

I'm helping a mate build a new inlet for a small frame Vespa. We are building the manifold from scratch, so we are looking for a rubber suitable for a 24mm carb. The carb, I ought to explain, is a solid mounted item that we will machine to suit a rubber mount.

So it is not essential to use a traditional Dell'orto rubber, so what motorcycle engine could supply a suitable rubber? I might use my local breaker, or ebay.

Suggestions welcome, or does anyone want to swap a solid mounted carb for a rubber mounted one.
Martin
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Hi Martin what about this from cambridge lambretta , have one for my mikuni tm24, cheers Baz.

http://ccgi.bowden.force9.co.uk/catalog ... e769ea7462
Knowledge
Dealer

Thanks Barry, does it work OK?

I think I'd prefer something with a rib inside.
Martin
bazman

Ribbed for her pleasure..... :lol:

Works fine and is on mb manifold and doesn't slip off if you tighten too much, not like the delly or mallosi ones do. :)
Knowledge
Dealer

OK. I might give it a try. Cam Lam is within reach of me.
Martin
bazman

Think they are around the £6 so not too bad if no use.
shocky

i use a water hose of a landrover cut to size its reinforced like the CLM hose ,its prob to big for what you want but i think a non ribbed reinforced hose is better than any rubber ive used with perhaps the exeption of the scootrs one, the mallosi ones just seem to soft and the slightest over tighten just forces them off or they split , FYI the hose i use is 38mm and just pushes out niceley on the 39mm carb and 40mm manifold
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information