imola ppl need advice on additions???

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

Quite interested in the differences too, can the older kit be brought up to the same spec?
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
mickyb

before I blew mine, I was running a Vijay Mk1 with 17-46, 30mm dellorto and JL3 and it would fly. Unfortunately I was using a normal varitronic and guess what , the flywheel came loose. Was a terrific motor when running though
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

I just bought an exdemo Imola kit from Camblamb thats been reworked by Charlie Edmunds , they said its been tweeked ,has a one off center squish head and Boysen reeds.
I'm planning to run it with a 30mm powerjet carb and a JL4, I'm really looking forward to it, should be fun. :D
Slow is the new fast!
Diablo
Dealer

Bofs wrote:Quite interested in the differences too, can the older kit be brought up to the same spec?
I've no idea on that one but a call to Camlam should answer that.
Diablo
Dealer

J1MS wrote:
Diablo wrote:Theres a big difference in power between the old imola kit and the new one with revised cylinder head and I think inlet?
I built one earlier this year and it made 22.5hp on our dyno with a JL3 and a 30mm mikiuni.
Camlam brought theirs up for the smallblock shootout with a JL4 on and it made the same so no fluke.
To put it in perspective a std TS1 makes 20hp on our dyno.
What was most impressive though was the torque. I haven't got the figures to hand but it blows the old imola away everywhere. So much so that 5.2 was too low geared on this bike and needed either 5.0 or even 4.8.
quote]
Al, What are the differences between the old and new Imola's is it an obvious visual difference or revised port time areas..??
I didn't have one to compare it too Mark so can't say. The big noticable difference was the head which had a reworked bowl and also a 5 point fixing system using the four studs and a head bolt.
I've been told the inlet has had some mods as well.
When I spoke to camlam to tell thwem how pleased I was with the outcome they said Charlie Edmounds had done some work on it which explains it all.
druist

if the scooter is sound in other respects, eg gearing, crank, exhaust, what seals should be replaced as a matter of course if changing to the new imola?
druist

CPH Lambretta wrote:I just bought an exdemo Imola kit from Camblamb thats been reworked by Charlie Edmunds , they said its been tweeked ,has a one off center squish head and Boysen reeds.
I'm planning to run it with a 30mm powerjet carb and a JL4, I'm really looking forward to it, should be fun. :D
that wasnt the one on ebay a few weeks back was it?
CPH Lambretta

I don't know if it was the one that was up for sale a couple of weeks ago and the sale didn't go through, but I bought it a couple of days ago.
Slow is the new fast!
CPH Lambretta

J1MS wrote:
Diablo wrote:Theres a big difference in power between the old imola kit and the new one with revised cylinder head and I think inlet?
I built one earlier this year and it made 22.5hp on our dyno with a JL3 and a 30mm mikiuni.
Camlam brought theirs up for the smallblock shootout with a JL4 on and it made the same so no fluke.
To put it in perspective a std TS1 makes 20hp on our dyno.
What was most impressive though was the torque. I haven't got the figures to hand but it blows the old imola away everywhere. So much so that 5.2 was too low geared on this bike and needed either 5.0 or even 4.8.
quote]
Al, What are the differences between the old and new Imola's is it an obvious visual difference or revised port time areas..??
The new Imola has a double boost port in the inlet and a double apex reed valve. Also the head is center squish with a 7 point fixing.
Slow is the new fast!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information