Mugello 225 or Casa 210?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ArmandTanzarian

I was quite underwhelmed with the performance of my mugello 225. After it blew up (my fault) I put on a stage 4 indian barrel wghich is as near as I can tell about the same. The Casa kit looks interesting but the inlet looks very small.

Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

The Casa 210 kit has a 150 inlet and stud spacing, has some piston problems too. :?
Slow is the new fast!
cezeta

the casa kit is aimed to be a low power kit, more of an anti sieze measure i think. any way thats what i just read in scootering.

its ok moaning about the mugello but the solution maybe in the scooter centre catalogue at the bottom right

cezeta

here is a clearer shot and comparative timings

by using the 60mm crank the cc is upped and port timing are closer to a classic rapido
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

Take inlet to 152 degrees and those port timings will give a good amount and spread of power.
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

thought id put my ten peneth in. :frog: We got a bloke in our club running an old iron barrell possibly stage 4 in his jet 200 and after aging it to around the mid 80's he bit the bullet and bought a new mugello 225 earlier this season. we just bolted it on a the jet 200 engine with a JL3 and a 30mm dell'orto and it was much slower than the iron barrell and wouldnt pull 4th. we have fettled it with various alterations the most radical of which is fitting a new indian GP200 box and its now pretty good but the upshot is its now cost the best part of 1000 quid + hours of our labour. This kit may run great when the engine is built to suit it but it AINT bolt on. the muggy small block kits are brilliant and ive got a 3 year old mugello 200 kit which is bloody brilliant for B road fun BUT the mugello 225 in its latest guise as tessted by garage floor own build amateur spanner monkey scooter boys with 25 years 2 stroke experience is its s**t out of the box.PERIOD. so id agree with Cezeta although he politely said "underwhelmed". No axe to grind but not wealthy enough to find 1000 a season either. :o
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
fajes

I'm running a Rapido 225 classic, mazuchelli crank, asso piston, 30mm delly and a Fresco. runs like 70mph all day, but can pull it to 85mph if I want. and I use this as a touring set up.
all this had a bit off 'dremeling' off course! :)
cheers!
wine for my men, we ride at dawn!
Supereibar

So basically, if we reunite what has been said here, lets see if I have it clear, the MB developments kit comes to be CHEAPER in the long run than the Muggy or the Rapido, which in effects, to be run properly needs some fettling about and extra parts. I am not sure yet as to where the Casa 210 stands in the ranking.

Well, I must say that Nick has convinced me to go for the MB if I ever own a big block. Nice one Nicky!

J.
cezeta

my personal choice would be

rt kit
rapido because it works
casa kit because its finished
mugello because ive always wanted to work in a foundery and be covered in waste metal. bought from a dealer with additional tuning then im sure they are good kits but it takes you back to the rt kit which you fit the same day and will work.

what were they thinking with the mugello :roll:

as i have got it im going to get the b@5t@rd thing to work. i have a timing wheel and a dremmel......i just need a tuner :oops:
Ian Hepworth

Supereibar wrote:
Well, I must say that Nick has convinced me to go for the MB if I ever own a big block. Nice one Nicky!
There's a small block version. ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information