Mugello 225 or Casa 210?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

Hi.
I have a friend that want to buy one of this kits.
He want to buy and to put directly, without tune.
What do you prefer? for what?
Thanks!
Supereibar

He means which one do you preffer and for which reason...

J.

P.S: Admiral, my humble take on it is go for the Muggy 225. I have tested it myself and it is lovely. Also, the Casa has been giving some issues on the running. Who is this anyway? Gorka?
ArKaTxU
Dealer

Hi Jaime!
Is for Javi, another friend.
Supereibar

Yo, Ackba! What is this for? an SII? SIII? what engine does he have an li150? or is it a Special with the crappy gearbox? :lol:
ArKaTxU
Dealer

Is for a SIII jet200 i think.
You know that here in the north we like much more the slimstyles :frog:
He have a 200 engine striped waiting for the job.
Supereibar

ArKaTxU wrote:Is for a SIII jet200 i think.
You know that here in the north we like much more the slimstyles
You all are boring :frog: :frog: :moon: :moon: :moon:
cezeta

read this. http://scooterotica.org/tempforum/viewt ... f=7&t=5134

the mugello 225 is not always very good. mine has 12bhp, it should be 14-16bhp £350

if you are on a budget then go for a rapido 225 classic 24mm mikuni and clubman. 15+ easy to ride bhp and good fuel too. £200

if you have lots of money then the rt220 from mb developments is the answer. its the best standard type kit on the market and i would expect 16+bhp easily with a 24mm mikuni and clubman plus it has a recessed head so no head gasket failure but its £500

i would bet supereibars arse that the rt220 is the BEST kit.
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

im thinking of going down the rapido route i have a mec crank is it advisable to change this also do i need to change owt else?
regards
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
cezeta

i think the mec cranks are fine. you could put a new yam rod in it, they do make smoother engines. its one of those situations that yes an mbd alpha crank is best but they are 400 pound and there is nothing wrong with the mec crank....but if you are flush then get the better one.

out of the box i think the rapidos are fine, you can polish the ports further but i have always wondered if this is 100% worthwhile. i have done 14000 miles on an asso piston in my ts1 so they cant be too bad either. my brother uses a mbd racetour piston and as i say the yam rod and lighter piston does make it silky smooth. the mbd rt kit is still better but again its the money.

another mate has a 60mm stroke crank and his is better still. most noticible riding up hill into a headwind he will overtake where as im struggling to maintain speed.

24mm or 30mm mikunis seem favourite with beedspeed air hoses on foam filters. the 24mm is plenty big enough for high mileage use and you should get 60 to the galon.

i think the rapido classic has proved itself after much slagging off.
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

cezeta wrote:i think the mec cranks are fine. you could put a new yam rod in it, they do make smoother engines. its one of those situations that yes an mbd alpha crank is best but they are 400 pound and there is nothing wrong with the mec crank....but if you are flush then get the better one.

out of the box i think the rapidos are fine, you can polish the ports further but i have always wondered if this is 100% worthwhile. i have done 14000 miles on an asso piston in my ts1 so they cant be too bad either. my brother uses a mbd racetour piston and as i say the yam rod and lighter piston does make it silky smooth. the mbd rt kit is still better but again its the money.

another mate has a 60mm stroke crank and his is better still. most noticible riding up hill into a headwind he will overtake where as im struggling to maintain speed.

24mm or 30mm mikunis seem favourite with beedspeed air hoses on foam filters. the 24mm is plenty big enough for high mileage use and you should get 60 to the galon.

i think the rapido classic has proved itself after much slagging off.
well a mate had a rapido with just a slight fettle and the hp on the dyno was very impressive he put it against my mates runner 180 and was only0.5 off it
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information