Progressive fork springs

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

Can anyone tell me are the Scootopia progressive forks springs softer than the MB ones , there way to stiff ?
scooterslag

Yes I had the MB spring set up in my forks and just found them way too hard, they used to bounce over road imperfections and I didn't find them a very pleasant ride. Bit of a bugger to fit as well ;) I fitted the Scootopia spring set-up ( can't remember if its progressive or not) and now its a decent ride. They just give them same level of riding as a good OEM spring set up. Paul ;)
The mack daddy on the left!
Mrnice71

scooterslag wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:46 pm Yes I had the MB spring set up in my forks and just found them way too hard, they used to bounce over road imperfections and I didn't find them a very pleasant ride. Bit of a bugger to fit as well ;) I fitted the Scootopia spring set-up ( can't remember if its progressive or not) and now its a decent ride. They just give them same level of riding as a good OEM spring set up. Paul ;)
Ok l will give them a try then ,cheers Paul 👍🏻
Hotdog

BGM do 10% stiffer fork springs ! Haven’t tried them but would be interested in any feedback on these.
Hotdog

Mrnice71 did you buy the Scootopia springs (standard or progressive) and have you had chance to try them ? As I’m also in the need for new springs.
Mrnice71

Hotdog wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:18 am Mrnice71 did you buy the Scootopia springs (standard or progressive) and have you had chance to try them ? As I’m also in the need for new springs.
In the end l bought the Cambridge yellow ones , which dont seem much softer than the MB ones .
What type of front brake are you using ?
Hotdog

Standard Lambretta disc but with reverse pull and standard type dampers.
Mrnice71

Hotdog wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:48 am Standard Lambretta disc but with reverse pull and standard type dampers.
Why not try the Scootopia progressive with half thickness spring stops that MB sell then to soften them a little
Let us know how you get on
Hotdog

That’s a thought, decision time !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information