PHBL

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Hi

Can anyone tell me if the 50 slide over the 40 will riches up the mid range please, :shock:

Before I bite the bullet and spend £40 on a slide :shock:

Cheers for any help.
YAMLAM

the smaller the cutaway the richer it will run, bigger cutaway more air = leaner

see the link https://howtomotorcyclerepair.com/how-t ... e-cutaway/
win or lose have a booze
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

The 40 slide can be easily converted leaner by material removal from the lower edge. I cannot remember the difference but it might be 1.0 mm, so please check. Converting a 50 to a 40 can be done but it is not so easy. However, if anybody remembers the scarcity of VHB slides in any other size than a 50, they are convertible down to 45 or less via the same principle because I've done it. Lambretta piston ported particularly seem to have a default slide size of 45 across the range - IMHO - as the VHBC's tend to use them.

The variation of leading edge is the same for 40 to 50 & 50 to 60 if you understand. If you currently have a 40, remove just half the material to make yourself a 45.

If you do modify any slide, it's a goods idea to mark it up as the modified state by engraving or stamping.

I hope that helps.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information