Series 3 lighting problem

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
parky

Having a problem with my back light. When I put the headlights on either full or dipped, I lose the back light. The brake light works fine. However if I turn the key back one notch I lose the headlight but the back brake works ok. Completely baffled, any suggestions please? I was hoping to get it sorted in time for the Isle of Wight. Thanks
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

parky wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:34 pm Having a problem with my back light. When I put the headlights on either full or dipped, I lose the back light. The brake light works fine. However if I turn the key back one notch I lose the headlight but the back brake works ok. Completely baffled, any suggestions please? I was hoping to get it sorted in time for the Isle of Wight. Thanks
Do you have a good earth to the unit ?
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
parky

Yes earth if fine, rear light and brake light work fine when on second click of ignition switch but when on third click of switch headlight works but no rear light, although brake light works. ........baffled.
Daggs

You haven't told us anything about what elect system you are using ..............
Is it standard 6v wiring? 12v conversion or something you created yourself.

I'll stick my neck out and suggest 12v conversion ! Presumably 'second click' is side-lights. Therefore 'third click is headlights. If so; in the headlight connector, link the Orange feed to the handlebar switch to the Black feed that travels from headset to the rear light. Observe what happens.
Bear in mind with so little info supplied. rather like your back light, I'm somewhat in the dark.
Daggs

Well! did it work ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information